+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cuffey Recalled

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    I have trouble deciphering gru-somes posts at the best of times but I don't reckon he meant anything untoward.
    Fairweather Academy player may mean BNC was more than capable when the rest of the team are playing well and went a little anonymous when we were struggling in games.
    You may be interpreting it differently to me. His remark went way over my head as they usually do lol.

' A fair weather fan - someone who turns up when we play well and disappears when we're crap '

Not me I sit at NYS through all weather's, performances. We've freed some wages up waiting for signings now in time for Blackburn game. Play Hull & McCart today let's see what we've got.

I will be surprised if we get better loans coming in than either High or Cuffy ? Personally I thought Cuffy was played in the wrong position, he’s never a wing back ? Would have liked to have seen him given a role behind the striker, last game at Milwall where we used Lyndsay in that position was an ideal opportunity ! because Lindsay has not got enough ability to play that role ?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    He’d have a lot less defending to do as a wing back at Arsenal than he would at Rotherham!
    He's Quick, tricky, and can cross a good ball, he's a forward, with talent, I never saw Tom Finney, or Stan Matthews coming back to defend, and also Billy Wright coming up for headers, when he was a centre half, for England, hope he dose well ,in the future,!

Sorry he’s gone back, hope he’s **** at Coventry

Kioso is the better defender but needs to work on going forwards which looks like he is so alls good until he gets injured

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    I will be surprised if we get better loans coming in than either High or Cuffy ? Personally I thought Cuffy was played in the wrong position, he’s never a wing back ? Would have liked to have seen him given a role behind the striker, last game at Milwall where we used Lyndsay in that position was an ideal opportunity ! because Lindsay has not got enough ability to play that role ?
    Yes I agree, he's a forward not a midfielder/defender. Quick, agile and tricky, but at least he was when he arrived here then he got the "run, forrest, run" treatment and became another Gump

He needs a full-back behind him ATM.

I'm not a fan of 3 at the back anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post

Yes and no neither am I

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post

Which is exactly the point I made earlier.
    We need to go to a back 4 to become more solid and allow our quicker players to get forward without having to worry about getting back to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Which is exactly the point I made earlier.
    We need to go to a back 4 to become more solid and allow our quicker players to get forward without having to worry about getting back to defend.
    Exactly

Sure I mentioned a back four before Warne left??? 🫢

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345