+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Derby County v Barnsley Match Thoughts,,,,

No punches pulled from Duff after that performance .

https://twitter.com/robstaton/status...02024190955536

He will be a very frustrated, disappointed and lonely person this evening.

Probably calling his wife now and saying he is looking for a job vacancy somewhere around the M5 area.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    There's varying degrees of championship ready Pass in my opinion .

This is Ritchie's mob of 2006 but entering a league probably twice as hard as it was then .
    Totally agree wi that.

To answer your other question- I think we should go all out for promotion rather than linger in this division for another season. I understand exactly what you're suggesting in terms of building a team and developing understanding-The Hecky team had two years in league 1 and players like Winnall and Hourihane flourished in their 2nd season at league 1 level and took that into the Championship. Who's to say the Caddens and Cundys, Kanes, Bensons etc couldn't do the same in this team?

However, I'm looking at it from a financial point of view which you've got to do these days Animal, especially with how BFC are run. I know it's wrong and thar knows it too but let's face facts, building a successful team able to compete at Championship level isn't in the clubs way of thinking. The last two promotions from this level saw two promising sides broken up and sold.

My thinking and probably the most realistic way of raising capital at this club, is to go all out for promotion this season. Duff has got us in with a sniff so let's make sure we follow it up and get in that top 6 with some short term investment. Getting promotion would yield a far greater financial reward than staying in league one for another season would. This would be a key factor in the clubs short term survival because the injection of cash from TV revenue, sponsors and bigger crowds that you gain at championship level would go a long way to clearing the clubs mounting debts. The owners aren't gonna fund it with their own brass like Patrick Cryne did, that's for sure. Also we don't have many saleable assets currently in the playing squad.

Worrying times for me. Some fans may bury their heads in the sand as regards our financial situation but we obviously need to generate quite a lot of money somehow.

Be a good start to definitely improve the players persistent foul ups of playing it out from the back

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Totally agree wi that.

To answer your other question- I think we should go all out for promotion rather than linger in this division for another season. I understand exactly what you're suggesting in terms of building a team and developing understanding-The Hecky team had two years in league 1 and players like Winnall and Hourihane flourished in their 2nd season at league 1 level and took that into the Championship. Who's to say the Caddens and Cundys, Kanes, Bensons etc couldn't do the same in this team?

However, I'm looking at it from a financial point of view which you've got to do these days Animal, especially with how BFC are run. I know it's wrong and thar knows it too but let's face facts, building a successful team able to compete at Championship level isn't in the clubs way of thinking. The last two promotions from this level saw two promising sides broken up and sold.

My thinking and probably the most realistic way of raising capital at this club, is to go all out for promotion this season. Duff has got us in with a sniff so let's make sure we follow it up and get in that top 6 with some short term investment. Getting promotion would yield a far greater financial reward than staying in league one for another season would. This would be a key factor in the clubs short term survival because the injection of cash from TV revenue, sponsors and bigger crowds that you gain at championship level would go a long way to clearing the clubs mounting debts. The owners aren't gonna fund it with their own brass like Patrick Cryne did, that's for sure. Also we don't have many saleable assets currently in the playing squad.

Worrying times for me. Some fans may bury their heads in the sand as regards our financial situation but we obviously need to generate quite a lot of money somehow.
    Correct Pass.

I said in an earlier post I think financially it is sh1t or bust this season. Another season of just £2million from TV income rather than the £8million in the Championship would cripple us. Conway has maxed out our credit card, spending the £5 million we had in the clubs balances taking them down to zero, the club purchase still to pay for with £2.75 million in instalments due to kick in again in July, an undisclosed EFL Covid loan still to pay, Only Andersen and Styles as significant player assets and Styles forced a low release clause as a condition of going to Millwall on loan.
    Parekh has limped us along month to month by issuing emergency share sales but this is not sustainable. There will not be sufficient value left in the club to back up many more share sales. It's like owning a corner shop worth £100K in premises, stock and goodwill and asking shareholders to buy shares in it for £150K in total. Parekh himself has admitted the latest share money runs out at the end of January. We are skint.
    It's time for Parekh and the "new Board" to stand up and be counted with some serious personal investment of their own rather than the sticking plaster approach to finances we have now.
    It's OK Parekh sitting with a Red's scarf on spouting warm words or Julie being wacky, bubbly and engaging but we need a bit of Spectumer Agendo as promised.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 09-01-2023 at 07:26 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345