+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Richard Wood

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Support Taylor fully in curbing Wood's influence over the team.

Been a great servant, great captain, an average but very willing centre half but he should have been moved on a season ago.

I am guessing Wood has his eye on the manager's job and may have an unhealthy influence on a few of the other more impressionable players.

He needs to go and quickly.

Agree he's from the old regime. Can't be allowed to undermine the new manager apart from the fact along with Peltier they are playing from memory.

Personally I would like to judge Wood on what he’s done for us, not what he’s allegedly doing now.

He’s been captain fantastic, a rock, a true magic hat, he owes us nothing.

But I don’t want him to be the punch drunk boxer, just one more fight, I can do it.

Retire gracefully

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Personally I would like to judge Wood on what he’s done for us, not what he’s allegedly doing now.

But I don’t want him to be the punch drunk boxer, just one more fight, I can do it.

Retire gracefully

Agree again he's kept fit been a great servant just don't go on too long.

Retire gracefully
    100% agree.

He’s a club legend but timing is key. Knowing when to say enough is enough is a fine art.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Brin I was been sarcastic😊😊
    He’s copping a bit of stick has been behind the unrest.

I knew when I posted this you would comment 😂😂.
    For the record I love Woody
    Yak, I could see the maggot so I swam around it and let my love for Captain Fantastic shine.....

Thing is Warne relied on woody to Marshall the dressing room.

He had authority and Warne relied on him to sort internal problems In the dressing room.

Maybe Taylor doesn't want a player with that much influence and unlike Warne isn't afraid off confrontation.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Agree he's from the old regime. Can't be allowed to undermine the new manager apart from the fact along with Peltier they are playing from memory.
    In what way is he undermining the manager?
    Do you have evidence? Thought not, it's just your tiresome,irrational dislike of Richard Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Thing is Warne relied on woody to Marshall the dressing room.

He had authority and Warne relied on him to sort internal problems In the dressing room.

Maybe Taylor doesn't want a player with that much influence and unlike Warne isn't afraid off confrontation.

Exactly, because Mr Nice didn’t have the bottle to sort it out himself

New manager or not, for me we need to play our best players as far as we possibly can. Wood may be past his best, may struggle to get into most championship teams and may even be no longer be even good enough for this league. But quite simply he's among the best 2 central defenders we have in the squad at the moment, let alone best 3 if playing 3 at the back. So I'm sure MT will play him as much as he can. Simple as that in my opinion. I'm sure the manager still has much to prove but even if not good enough, wouldn't be stupid enough to start grudges, just because Wood was captain under the last manager. Least I hope not!

Exactly, because Mr Nice didn’t have the bottle to sort it out himself
    Did you ever listen to Warne make the Half time team talk at Pompey last season(on the BBC podcast)? I can't reconcile listening to him going ballistic at the team work your constant saying that he couldn't do that?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast