+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NCM Radar - Players you would like to see Notts sign

NCM Radar - Players you would like to see Notts sign

I know we'll never get anywhere near as good as our owners Football Radar, but here's a couple of potential gems i've spotted from the two divisions below us who I think could compliment our squad and potentially follow in the footsteps of Langstaff, Scott and Austin.

Scott Pollock (RM) - Boston United

He's scored 14 goals in 23 games from right midfield so far this season, after joining from Northampton in the summer. Still only 21 and played quite a few games in the football league for Northampton. Surprised they released him tbh.

Muhammadu Faal (CF) - Havant & Waterlooville

An absolute unit at 6ft 5 - and someone you might want as an option from the bench. He's 25 now, so no spring chicken, but he's scored 14 goals in 25 games this season. He's played a couple of times in the football league for Bolton and even in Italy (Serie D).

Jack Bearne (RM) - Kidderminster (on loan from Liverpool)

He seems to be doing well in his loan spell in the league below us. Only 21 and if he does get released by the Liverpool academy i'd love to see him back at his hometown club.

Anyone else got any other realistic targets to chip in..?

I know Lavery at S****horpe has been touted as a potential target recently, especially as his contract at Scunny ends on the 22nd of January.

Acquah at Maidenhead has also been mentioned a lot, but I can't confess to knowing much about him, but as a backup to Langstaff and Scott, he's surely got to be better than Mitchell, as would Connor Hall at Chorley.

If we're not interested in bringing Taylor back, I'd certainly look at Harfield at Aldershot. While Nemane tested him properly yesterday, as Notts County Stats have said, he's one of the best wing backs in the league and would certainly be adequate competition for Chicksen.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    I know Lavery at S****horpe has been touted as a potential target recently, especially as his contract at Scunny ends on the 22nd of January.

Acquah at Maidenhead has also been mentioned a lot, but I can't confess to knowing much about him, but as a backup to Langstaff and Scott, he's surely got to be better than Mitchell, as would Connor Hall at Chorley.

If we're not interested in bringing Taylor back, I'd certainly look at Harfield at Aldershot. While Nemane tested him properly yesterday, as Notts County Stats have said, he's one of the best wing backs in the league and would certainly be adequate competition for Chicksen.
    Lavery is doing well ATM, and Scunny cannot offer him another conny as I do believe they are under a tranny embargo?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Lavery is doing well ATM, and Scunny cannot offer him another conny as I do believe they are under a tranny embargo?
    Yeah that's correct, unless their takeover goes through before his contract expires, he'll have no choice but to leave. A certainly wouldn't mind a deal until the end of the season for him if his wages aren't too high.

I know it might not be an all round popular option but does anyone know if the neighbours have any up and coming talent that need experience? Seems a great opportunity for both sides with us coaching/playing a lot more technical now.

Mullin and Palmer as back ups for the bench in case Mitchell gets injured.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I know it might not be an all round popular option but does anyone know if the neighbours have any up and coming talent that need experience? Seems a great opportunity for both sides with us coaching/playing a lot more technical now.
    I know this is very unlikely but the thought of another loanee from across the Trent doing something in a pivotal game that costs us the season in a match again would be too much. I know Richardson's contributions far outweighed the negatives - but I can't remember any of them specifically. I do remember him pointlessly bundling over the Grimsby player.

Next year.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    No Thanks. We don't need players at this stage of the season looking to get a bit of experience

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    I know this is very unlikely but the thought of another loanee from across the Trent doing something in a pivotal game that costs us the season in a match again would be too much. I know Richardson's contributions far outweighed the negatives - but I can't remember any of them specifically. I do remember him pointlessly bundling over the Grimsby player.

Next year.
    Don’t think we can judge the rest of them on that incident or his time with us, many blamed us not going up automatically to L1 because we lost Yates, so works both ways. If there’s someone thats better than what we have I would be more than happy for them to come.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    No Thanks. We don't need players at this stage of the season looking to get a bit of experience
    Depends who though doesn’t it, Sutton had Olaofe from Milwall who he had hardly kicked a ball for and ultimately his goals got them up.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast