+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it time for the England players to do the same as the Welsh national team?

Is it time for the England players to do the same as the Welsh national team?

Yeah, why not?

Seems a nice bit of posturing albeit slightly more of a hit in the pocket than kneeling down or wearing an armband

Read down the article it says that England already do it.

I believe in paying people their worth. If the men's game is far more prosperous in sponsorship, attendances etc, than women, it is reasonable to be paid more. Pay the same if equal, and women should be paid more than men if they ever become more popular through metrics mentioned. Not about gender, all economics.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Typical Brin and his headline grabbing fake news. He's the same when it comes to signings!

England men’s players match fees all get given to charity. Not sure if the women’s fees do.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    England men’s players match fees all get given to charity. Not sure if the women’s fees do.
    I was going to ask the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post

I believe in paying people their worth. If the men's game is far more prosperous in sponsorship, attendances etc, than women, it is reasonable to be paid more. Pay the same if equal, and women should be paid more than men if they ever become more popular through metrics mentioned. Not about gender, all economics.
    I had read where some mens fees were donated to charity but that was years ago. As for not bringing in the same crowds as men, what was the crowd at Wembley for the women's Euro final?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Typical Brin and his headline grabbing fake news. He's the same when it comes to signings!
    Patience glasshopper all will revealed in good time. I have of late sat back and just let it all happen. Could have posted Hjelde had signed within an hour of him doing so but chose not to so there

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I had read where some mens fees were donated to charity but that was years ago. As for not bringing in the same crowds as men, what was the crowd at Wembley for the women's Euro final?
    The ticket prices for the Women’s Euros were considerably cheaper than for the Men’s though.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    The ticket prices for the Women’s Euros were considerably cheaper than for the Men’s though.
    And they gave a lot of tickets away for free

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast