+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A word for Big Dave.

A word for Big Dave.

Doing great with Sheffield Wednesday and a great win in the cup against a well fielded Prem team.
    A Black manager (Pretty rare) and doing well. We should all be proud of him. Doing great.

Well said Boingy buddy.
    Whilst he didn’t seem to settle into the job here, I think we were circa 4th when we moved him on !?

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Doing great with Sheffield Wednesday and a great win in the cup against a well fielded Prem team.
    A Black manager (Pretty rare) and doing well. We should all be proud of him. Doing great.
    Hear, hear! 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Well said Boingy buddy.
    Whilst he didn’t seem to settle into the job here, I think we were circa 4th when we moved him on !?
    I know 4th! and now we are delirious that we are 6th. Funny old game.

Loved the guy as a player...loved the guy as a manager...and still love him...

Big Dave is a great man manager. Inspired our players and almost kept us up.
    Managed to keep a good percentage of the squad together after relegation. Players wanted to play for him.
    His downfall was employing his mate Jones whose coaching was a disaster for us.
    I believe we would have got promoted that Year if not for Jones and his crazy tactics. Sam Johnson was a nervous wreck playing out from the back and lost us so many points.

Disgusted at the attitude of some on here regarding Big Dave.

Good luck to him, and he has a lot to offer any football club.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    Big Dave is a great man manager. Inspired our players and almost kept us up.
    Managed to keep a good percentage of the squad together after relegation. Players wanted to play for him.
    His downfall was employing his mate Jones whose coaching was a disaster for us.
    I believe we would have got promoted that Year if not for Jones and his crazy tactics. Sam Johnson was a nervous wreck playing out from the back and lost us so many points.

Disgusted at the attitude of some on here regarding Big Dave.

Good luck to him, and he has a lot to offer any football club.

Liked Big Dave - great player and a nice guy! Poor manager though - tactically clueless - passing out from the back when it didn’t work but hey he knew best - players out of position like Gayle on the wing and Barry in the middle when his legs had gone hence the thrashing at Leeds and the mates/favourites club! Even Bruce would have got that team promoted such was the talent within! Many Wednesday supporters wanted Big Dave out last season when he got it tactically wrong against Sunderland in the play offs.

Unlike Bruce though - I wish him well but a poor manager and Shan was out of his depth!

CC - tactically clever - very disciplined - No mates or favourites club hence Livermore/Reach/Grant sidelined. CC will end up with a Prem club. Sadly if Big Dave can’t get a very talented Wednesday promoted this year it will be a failure!

I wish him well! Nice guy but not tactically bright!

Just being honest! Some will say Livermore has been a good servant too - 30K plus a week - legs gone - should have got rid three years ago!

Nice guy in our warehouse but was sacked as he got orders wrong! Businesses have to be ruthless!
    Last edited by baggieal; 14-01-2023 at 10:26 PM.

I'm old enough to remember Alex Ferguson's was a disaster in his first season at utd back in the day.
    I guess back then the world was or had a little more patiences back then.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)