+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's up for the Cup

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    We should play the same team as the first game, bad as they were they should be good enough to beat a non league side at The Shrine.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    So what happens if we start Wallace or Yokuslu and they get a bad injury and they’re out for the season?

Doesn’t make any sense to risk anyone from our first XI to me. And the reason is you are right in that our second string can’t be trusted, the league is way more important than the cup this season. And we’re not going to win the cup anyway.

I’d rather have our first XI fit and healthy than a run to say the Quarters for example.

Totally 100% agree 123! Not one single player starting at Burnley should feature in this cup match!

If the fringe players can’t beat a non league side at home they need f ucking! We know players like Livermore, Reach, Zohorse are
    s hit but they will still earn more in a week than some Chesterfield players do in a year! Play some promising youngsters FFS!

Crazy risking one single player!!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    We should play the same team as the first game, bad as they were they should be good enough to beat a non league side at The Shrine.
    Totally agree as well. We have to replace Asante though as he’s suspended. Give Cleary a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Totally agree as well. We have to replace Asante though as he’s suspended. Give Cleary a go.

Surely Grant at 15 million - Diangana at 15 million - Zohorse at 7 million - Livermore on 25K a week - Reach on 25K a week should frighten a non league side to death??????

Then again …,,,,,,,,

I’m not paying good money to watch our second string s h I t houses again.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’m not paying good money to watch our second string s h I t houses again.

I’m not paying good money to go to Burnley with anything less than the full strength side all fully fit!

Lucky to be 10,000 there against Chesterfield and bet they will bring 2,000. Shows where priorities lie!

Surely super Karlan, Jake, Keneth and Adam will run a bunch of non leaguers ragged on their huge salaries?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I’m not paying good money to go to Burnley with anything less than the full strength side all fully fit!

Lucky to be 10,000 there against Chesterfield and bet they will bring 2,000. Shows where priorities lie!

Surely super Karlan, Jake, Keneth and Adam will run a bunch of non leaguers ragged on their huge salaries?
    Zohore won’t play, he’ll injure himself getting out of his very expensive motor vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Zohore won’t play, he’ll injure himself getting out of his very expensive motor vehicle.

Don’t you mean getting out of his horse box!! Useless c unt!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    You can protect a player and then he gets injured in training or warming up or in the first minute at Burnley.

Losing to a non league side is a stain you can never rid yourself of, we still have the p is s taken for losing to Woking, Wolves have the same for losing to Chorley.

Maybe you’ve forgotten how exciting the cup run was and getting to the semi final where we lost to Pompey?

Some of us older ones can recall when we actually tried in cup matches.
    Yes a player can get injured at any time, but it just adds to the risk playing them in extra games. Risk I don't think we need.

I remember that cup run, and if I recall right we were top of the league a lot for that season. If we were like Burnley or Sheff Utd now I'd be saying lets go for it. But I think we're fragile if we lose a player or two. We've already lost BTA for 3 games because of suspension.

I'd rather (in an ideal world, I know I'm dreaming) we go up, are in a good position in the Prem come January and have a right old go at the cup then.

And I'd also rather get knocked out now by a non league side and go up, rather than get to the semi final and not go up. Its all priorities I guess, that's mine.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Yes a player can get injured at any time, but it just adds to the risk playing them in extra games. Risk I don't think we need.

I remember that cup run, and if I recall right we were top of the league a lot for that season. If we were like Burnley or Sheff Utd now I'd be saying lets go for it. But I think we're fragile if we lose a player or two. We've already lost BTA for 3 games because of suspension.

I'd rather (in an ideal world, I know I'm dreaming) we go up, are in a good position in the Prem come January and have a right old go at the cup then.

And I'd also rather get knocked out now by a non league side and go up, rather than get to the semi final and not go up. Its all priorities I guess, that's mine.

Totally 100% agree with you! Just got my tickets for Burnley and don’t care about the cup one bit! Priorities - priorities!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)