+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BBC Radio 2 - R.I.P.

Planet Rock is the future 😎

Talking of ads… seeing a lot from livebeam & lovely ladies… 🤷*♂️

Found Planet Rock during a long drive to South Wales when the Queen died and all other stations were getting maudling. They were playing some less heavy stuff which was their attempt at respect and it was vert good.

Yep.. I recall as the only station I listen to & fair play to them 👍

Ps…. Chauncey only has a FM/8 track player in his car Griff sooo this will be lost on him 😀

I don’t mind FM, it carries more music than DAB which compresses the signal. It’s too lossy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    Planet Rock is the future ��
    Thumbs Up emoji

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    Planet Rock is the future 😎
    Why limit yourself to one genre though BD,you are missing out on so much fantastic music if you would only let your ears enjoy it

Its just about the end for me with radio 2..Steve Wright got shafted big time and just cannot stand Scott Mills so i switch off.I just hope Gary Davies gets the slot...if its really Kens choice to leave and not ageism or tick box exercise but im sure we all know.
    Paul O'grady was excellent on Sundays, dont get Rob Beckett so thats off now I like Michael Ball on Sunday mornings too and Johnnie Walker show.
    Jo Whiley is dire to listen too as well as is OJ Borg,Trevor Nelson, Fearne Cotton
    I do listen to Jeremy Vine, he is tolerable but not a patch on Jimmy Young.
    Angela Griffin has a lovely soft radio voice on a Sunday night though.
    Listeners have left in their droves with the main weekday shows going tits up..

I've got to pretty much agree with most of what you say markredfox especially Johnny Walkers 70's show on a Sunday afternoon and Angela Griffin's show is great to listen to late in the evening with her smooth sounds,Ken Bruce seems to have made the decision to leave by himself so he must think that it's the right decision

We've got to remember that things move on and I can see why Radio 2 gets new presenters in,it's got to appeal to the listeners that listened to Radio One 20/30 years ago because Radio One will now be playing music for the younger listeners,nobody wants a radio station that refuses to move on with so much choice out there

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)