+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fat Ron gives update on the £5m loan

Fat Ron gives update on the £5m loan

According to the FLW site, Ron Gourlay has spoken to Birmingham Live about the above loan:

"I firmly believe that the money will come back one way or the other. Do I know whether it'll be tomorrow, next week or next month? I dont" but " there is not a day that goes by that I don't ask him for the money to come in"

So, that's alright then, he is clearly on top of things and no need to worry.😂😠😞

Well that is a real worry if he has to keep asking every day for the money. That indicates to me that we ain't gonna get it back, certainly not to be able to get a couple of players in January. Its looking bleak on the financial front.

To be honest it seems he’s as frustrated as we are, yes, we’ll never know exactly what goes on behind the scenes, but it does look like he’s working with his hands tied behind his back

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    To be honest it seems he’s as frustrated as we are, yes, we’ll never know exactly what goes on behind the scenes, but it does look like he’s working with his hands tied behind his back

Whilst Fat Ron is paid millions in salary he won’t give a f uck!

Full interview on the BBC
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0dwzc7k

Thanks for posting👍
    Maybe I'm being too harsh on Gourlay? Clearly he appears as frustrated by Lai as anyone. He may indeed be paid the big bucks for being CEO but, as he says, ultimately he is also just an employee who has to make the best of the situation with the tools he is given. He may have made a few mistakes himself but it is also true when he says he has inherited problems from the mistakes of others (e.g. spending far too much on certain players or letting promising products of the academy go all too easily) and with no more money from parachute payments combined with an owner who does not invest, the loan to cover the costs to keep the club going was perhaps unavoidable.

Unsurprisingly the key problem we have is that of our owner who either cannot or will not invest. Our only way out seems to be to get promoted back into the premiership and then pray that there is someone out there who is actually interested in the club and has the money to invest who can buy us and rid us of Lai. Things ain't gonna end well otherwise😞

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Thanks for posting��
    Maybe I'm being too harsh on Gourlay? Clearly he appears as frustrated by Lai as anyone. He may indeed be paid the big bucks for being CEO but, as he says, ultimately he is also just an employee who has to make the best of the situation with the tools he is given. He may have made a few mistakes himself but it is also true when he says he has inherited problems from the mistakes of others (e.g. spending far too much on certain players or letting promising products of the academy go all too easily) and with no more money from parachute payments combined with an owner who does not invest, the loan to cover the costs to keep the club going was perhaps unavoidable.

Unsurprisingly the key problem we have is that of our owner who either cannot or will not invest. Our only way out seems to be to get promoted back into the premiership and then pray that there is someone out there who is actually interested in the club and has the money to invest who can buy us and rid us of Lai. Things ain't gonna end well otherwise��
    Would rather have Gourlay in rather than out, at this point in time.
    He is wealthy enough to walk out, that would the easy option for him, looks like he is up for challenge with his hands tied.

I haven't listened to what he says via the link yet but does Ron' say anything about the ridiculous decisions made on his own watch such as the appointment of Steve Bruce, the overly long retention of Steve Bruce, jobs for the boys etc. etc. etc...... ? Yes he's made some mistakes. He's also made some fkn big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I haven't listened to what he says via the link yet but does Ron' say anything about the ridiculous decisions made on his own watch such as the appointment of Steve Bruce, the overly long retention of Steve Bruce, jobs for the boys etc. etc. etc...... ? Yes he's made some mistakes. He's also made some fkn big ones.
    Hi Ron joined Albion on the 2nd of Feb ,Bruce joined on the 3rd, not sure how much input he had.

Agree Bruce should have gone in the summer , a crap manager but did have a good summer transfer window with our budget.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Hi Ron joined Albion on the 2nd of Feb ,Bruce joined on the 3rd, not sure how much input he had.

Agree Bruce should have gone in the summer , a crap manager but did have a good summer transfer window with our budget.
    Hi. Ron's been on the board since the summer of 2021 and wrote an external report for Lai on how the Albion is run prior to that.

Ron's first action as CEO was to sack Valerian Ismael. His second act very likely saw him finish a McDonald's or a Greggs or possibly both before appointing his old mate Steve Bruce.

He's actually on record as saying he appointed him from a short list of one. Sorry Lloyd, he was 100% responsible for the appointment of Steve Bruce.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)