+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phillips Injured

Phillips Injured

Looks like a quad muscle injury and he is ‘set for a spell on the sidelines’.

This after bringing him on at 3-0 up against a non-league side, in a cup we’re very unlikely to win.

So now it’s going to have to be someone from our 2nd string stepping up, Grady maybe? Who has been maybe our most disappointing player of the season so far in my view.

This could cost us promotion, I have no words. I hope the clamour from some fans to play our strongest side against a team 3 divisions below us was worth it.

I’d rather we’d not equalised away at Chesterfield.

He was on for about 15 minutes, ran twice on goal and should have scored twice and pulls up. Bloody fragile. He gets injured making a cup of tea. All the training in the world, all the trainer pampering players get but he never lasts more than a couple of games before injury. He is the sort that get injured in the warm up. Waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    He was on for about 15 minutes, ran twice on goal and should have scored twice and pulls up. Bloody fragile. He gets injured making a cup of tea. All the training in the world, all the trainer pampering players get but he never lasts more than a couple of games before injury. He is the sort that get injured in the warm up. Waste of time.
    If that’s so, then why risk him in a cold January night against non league opposition?

4-6 weeks I’ve read he’s out for.

This makes a nonsense if the “protect them from themselves” mentality of last nights team selection.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Looks like a quad muscle injury and he is ‘set for a spell on the sidelines’.

This after bringing him on at 3-0 up against a non-league side, in a cup we’re very unlikely to win.

So now it’s going to have to be someone from our 2nd string stepping up, Grady maybe? Who has been maybe our most disappointing player of the season so far in my view.

This could cost us promotion, I have no words. I hope the clamour from some fans to play our strongest side against a team 3 divisions below us was worth it.

I’d rather we’d not equalised away at Chesterfield.

Could not agree more yet again!! Why risk any first team players especially when we are winning! Absolute madness!!

They are a non league side for God sake!!!

Stupid stupid decisions!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    If that’s so, then why risk him in a cold January night against non league opposition?

4-6 weeks I’ve read he’s out for.
    Because he is a pro footballer and gets paid for his trade.
    Injuries are part of it .
    Stop with the don't play blah blah blah.
    We won.
    Burnley next....I am sure this result keeps things moving.

Play the youngsters against Bristol!!! 10,000 West Brom supporters ( after the visiting fans ) tells the story!! The league is the priority not the stupid cup!!

Personally, I don't disagree with those who say that we should not risk any of our first team players picking up an injury in cup games because our absolute priority has to be aiming for play offs as a minimum. We simply do not have the depth in squad quality and the cup should therefore be an opportunity for our second stringers and younger players to shine and show what they can do.

Having said that I think that, given the circumstances, Philips may just have easily not have played in the cup game but then picked up the same injury in the next league match. I don't dislike him and he has proven that he can still offer us something but his age is against him now so won't play many 90 minutes if any and also can't deny he is increasingly injury prone. Regardless of this he will be missed though and it's another option Corberan won't have at a time when we need that flexibility most.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Personally, I don't disagree with those who say that we should not risk any of our first team players picking up an injury in cup games because our absolute priority has to be aiming for play offs as a minimum. We simply do not have the depth in squad quality and the cup should therefore be an opportunity for our second stringers and younger players to shine and show what they can do.

Having said that I think that, given the circumstances, Philips may just have easily not have played in the cup game but then picked up the same injury in the next league match. I don't dislike him and he has proven that he can still offer us something but his age is against him now so won't play many 90 minutes if any and also can't deny he is increasingly injury prone. Regardless of this he will be missed though and it's another option Corberan won't have at a time when we need that flexibility most.

It’s a good job it was not Wallace - Swift or Mulumby injured. That’s my point!!

So powder puff Diangana will now feature more from the off!!

We need at least a point Friday. Rather take a point and lose in cup out of the two

Time for Grady Diangana to put his big boy pants on. If he can't find them under the bed he could always ask his identical twin who we had on loan for a lend of his.

As for Phillips he's been in a rich vein of form but he's only ever a twitch away from a muscle strain or a misplaced pass away from a loss in confidence.

We've been linked with a wide player from Swansea. There are reasons for this. Phillips is 32 with a chequered past injury/confidence wise, Wallace is very good but post peak and Grady hasn't found his identical twins' big boy pants. Yet.

The only blots on the horizon re incomings being the waste of resources otherwise known as Zohore et.al on the the periphery and Lai's aversion to re paying loans. Still, never fear, Big Ron's on the case......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)