+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Chio be Europe bound

The article says that there is also interest from Premiership clubs (as reported in Belgium)???

This is all great,but we won`t get what they are both worth.....3 or 4 million each ?
    As they are short on contract we`d be lucky to half that amount,and there is no way we can get adequate replacements for that sort of money.
    If I were the club I would say..."Listen lads,we are not selling you in January,you are too important to us,play your boll*cks off for the next 4 months,and then you can go wherever you like in the summer".
    If they help us stay up,then that will be money well lost,as staying up is worth far more than circa 3 million quid,if we still went down,both of them playing for us would have given us the best chance of staying up.

Player swaps or loans with a cash adjustment would be better

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    This is all great,but we won`t get what they are both worth.....3 or 4 million each ?
    As they are short on contract we`d be lucky to half that amount,and there is no way we can get adequate replacements for that sort of money.
    If I were the club I would say..."Listen lads,we are not selling you in January,you are too important to us,play your boll*cks off for the next 4 months,and then you can go wherever you like in the summer".
    If they help us stay up,then that will be money well lost,as staying up is worth far more than circa 3 million quid,if we still went down,both of them playing for us would have given us the best chance of staying up.

1 & half million for each take it. Can't have them going for nothing. That's what recruitment get paid for finding their replacements. Need time to do that before end of this transfer window.

Can’t we organise some form of BOGOF for Barlaser and Ogbene?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Can’t we organise some form of BOGOF for Barlaser and Ogbene?
    Barlaser Ogbene Go Off Free?

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    They don't have to "play their boll*cks off" though do they? They can still go wherever they like in the summer.
    So if we end up keeping them both it depends what state of mind they will be in for the rest of the season and whether we will get the right level of effort from them.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    They don't have to "play their boll*cks off" though do they? They can still go wherever they like in the summer.
    So if we end up keeping them both it depends what state of mind they will be in for the rest of the season and whether we will get the right level of effort from them.
    And they probably lose £10,000 a week for the next 4mths still at NYS.

The chairman's priority should be to stay in this league and that means keeoing Ogbene and Barlaser. Improve their bonus payments to keep them happy til the end of the season ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    And they probably lose £10,000 a week for the next 4mths still at NYS.
    160K is probably small potatoes compared to the signing bonus they could demand as a free agent?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast