+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Livingston away

Special mention for Jamie Mcgrath tonight, thought he was excellent.

Ran his heart out and one of the few United players looking to get on the ball. Most of our other players need to take a leaf out of his book - stop worrying about making mistakes, look to help out your teammates and try and create something.

Quote Originally Posted by southwestarab View Post
    Don’t like to go on about the goalie, wouldn’t have blamed for any of the goals lost on Saturday, but how did get the ball past him when Nouble was on the goal line and Birighitti covering the near post?
    I thought the exact same thing!! Freeman at fault for letting the guy get past him, but keeper should’ve simply blocked it!! Was he nutmegged??

take the point as it may help keep us up

Out squad depth is a disgrace, that fat prick selling Clark to Fermers when we had no manager and not replacing Watt is a f ucking crime

That January transfer window was a real opportunity to try save the season and we f ucked it.

FWIW i quite like Goodwin and wouldnt be against him staying on to get us promoted if/when we go down

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    A massive point. Decent 2nd half. Good game management by Goodwin. He has 10 days to get his ideas into the players now. Come on. 🧡🖤
    Yip better second half. Thought JG made some good changes. Have to remember he has to work with a team that is short in confidence, severely imbalanced and not much to choose from. Thought mulgrew was much better but someone has to tell him he doesn’t have to go for every ball. Only save I can remember keeper had to make he nearly blew. Cld be a valuable point and gives us something to try and build on.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    take the point as it may help keep us up

Out squad depth is a disgrace, that fat prick selling Clark to Fermers when we had no manager and not replacing Watt is a f ucking crime

That January transfer window was a real opportunity to try save the season and we f ucked it.

FWIW i quite like Goodwin and wouldnt be against him staying on to get us promoted if/when we go down
    Feel the same way about Goodwin mate. 2 games and a slight improvement already. Not much for him to choose from but has shown a far better knowledge of the game than the last 2 coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Yip better second half. Thought JG made some good changes. Have to remember he has to work with a team that is short in confidence, severely imbalanced and not much to choose from. Thought mulgrew was much better but someone has to tell him he doesn’t have to go for every ball. Only save I can remember keeper had to make he nearly blew. Cld be a valuable point and gives us something to try and build on.
    Took off the right personell at the right times and tweaked the formation, going to a back four when it became apparent that the former part-time Arbroath striker was giving our right hand side the run around.

I'm liking what I see of Goodwin so far. Time to build some confidence and momentum in the players. He's had five days with them up to now. Looking forward to seeing what comes of the next week and a half.

This mornings thoughts,

McGrath excellent last night.

Impressed with the way Goodwin has dropped players that needed it and also the way he changed things at half time and with subbies.

Could be a very valuable point.

So far I think Goodwin has made a big difference, quite encouraging. Maybe a bit too late but we have a chance here.

Like most posters I think the damage has been done in the January window.
    A decent goalie and a striker minimum was needed.
    Goodwin seems to have made a difference already but he doesn’t have much wiggle room.
    Hopefully can get us organised and cut out the daft goals but nothing he can do about bad defending.
    Really hard to see where the goals will come from.
    The 6 pointers against County and Killie might turn out to be critical. Hopefully both at Tanny.
    Seems to have gone quiet on the takeover. Is that good or bad ?

Under the circumstances it was a decent point and one that keeps us within one win of getting off the bottom!

Relegation could genuinely come down to whether we host Killie after the split or if we get sucker punched into travelling there 3 times!!

If we could get to the split being within 3 points of Killie or county (or both) then I think we’ll have done ok! Then it will be a dog fight

We saying the exact same things about Fox when he took charge and got a few results early on, saying that I do think Goodwin is an upgrade. I honestly think this ship has sailed, how many must win games have we not won in the last 9 games, we've managed to lose to Motherwell, Killie and Sheep at home, and the last two have woeful away records. As long as we have the Aussie in goal we have zero percent of staying up. Another goal he should have done better at last night. A **** keeper costs you, an average keeper doesn't at least cost you, and good keeper can win you games, at the moment we would give our right arm just for an average keeper. Even if we sort out the goalkeeper, where are the goals coming from? How many points did Nicky Clark win us with goals in tight matches against bottom 6 sides the past two seasons? That was his speciality, and right now we are playing with a target man who he would feed off. As it is we are relying on likes of Harkes and Behich coming up with the occasional goal. I struggle to see where our goals are coming from.

My only hope is that with a decent/normal keeper maybe the confidence might return and this team isn't as bad as we think, and that if we get to end of season and suddenly find a win or two, we might get a confidence surge, bit like a team who has been completely outplayed for 85 mins and then gets an equaliser out of nowhere and senses a huge opportunity that didn't seem possible whole match.

The problem with that is, its dependent on County or Killie basically flatlining in that time to keep us in it, and both seem to me far more capable of playing bad but digging in for ugly results as a result of just playing aggressive, keeping it tight, and taking an opportunity. I don't county have ever been terrible like we have, they have been consistently competing, have strikers now, and killie have the plastic rug.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)