+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Belarus - It’s Obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Tell your friend he has every right to be scared but been scared is not an excuse for inaction.
    This needs to be ended. Thankfully the Brits have learned from history, that appeasement is a failed policy with fear mongering leaders.
    Let's see after tomorrow..
    I think his position is not that he doesn't want Putin out, or a free and fair Russia. He is scared as to who takes over from Putin, as there are worse people who this could be.

Talking of history, he considers the west to have good intentions but generally are a disaster when it comes to the after effects of regime change. You only have to look at the mess we've left behind in Libya, Iraq, Syria, Afghan to see his point. Its okay removing these people, but then what?

If Putin leaves office, and someone more likely to use nuclear weapons takes over from him, it doesn't make us any safer does it - in fact the opposite is true.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Anyone who talks about ramping up escalation is mad, it will only have one outcome. We know Putin is mad but that doesn't mean the world has to descend into insanity.
    Ukraine has always been a racist country who's fan's taunted the black England lads, and for most of the time has been very close to Russia. Nothing to do with us.

Two of my predictions for 2022 came about. Russia would invade Ukraine and the first effects of the Covid vaccines would come to light.
    Astrazeneca has already been removed as it was being linked to blood clots.
    Who knows if we will have any more long term effects from it.
    The sheep were stampded into panic to the sheep dip and a new medicine without questioning the outcome.
    Now the sheep are being steered by the same media to the brink of WW3.
    Don't get the argument from anyone about the vaccines.

https://fullfact.org/health/bbc-malh...excess-deaths/

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Don't get the argument from anyone about the vaccines.

https://fullfact.org/health/bbc-malh...excess-deaths/
    The data is correct, early in the pandemic the first 2 strains were deadly, and vaccination was wise, however viruses do what they do and weaken as it isn’t in their interest to kill the host, vaccination now is madness in my view as it’s expensive and has limited results, in fact data is starting to suggest more harm than good now.

Putin must have an incredibly small micro p e n I s to be this chippy and aggressive.

Small man syndrome in the extreme.

I get all the concerns around the potential for Russia becoming a "failed state" should Putin be overthrown and it's collapse would not benefit anyone but history should be there to be learnt from. Appeasement clearly does not work when it comes to bullies. It didn't work with Hitler and i t won't with Putin.

There are always two sides to every story. No country-including the UK or USA- is blemish free regarding either it's actions at home or abroad. Ukraine, like many former Soviet bloc countries, certainly had its issues around freedoms and equality but I believe Zelensky may have worked to try and resolve some of these had the war not happened. But none of this can detract from Putin's actions or his methods. He needs to be stopped because he not only poses a threat to Ukraine but also to others too. Given the rhetoric coming out of his own mouth as well as from the Kremlin, I really do not understand anyone who can doubt this.

I do understand the concerns of those who worry about what would happen if Putin fell and whether those who might replace him might be worse. Given the platforms the more extremist supporters of Putin have been allowed in Russia this may be a reasonable concern but Russia is a vast country and very difficult to unify. These "hawks" are having their way now but they have little real power and there will be a great many Russians still who have not swallowed all Putin's propaganda and wish for a return of Russia being welcomed back into the international community and the trading and economic benefits this entails.

To kill a snake you cut its head off but if Putin goes, the West must also try and find a way of helping to stabilise Russia. This is, regardless of Putin' s claims, all about protecting Ukraine's sovereignty and not about getting into a war against Russia itself.

If Putin leaves office, and someone more likely to use nuclear weapons takes over from him, it doesn't make us any safer does it - in fact the opposite is true.
    You tell him what history will record of Russia.
    It's a failed state.
    A failed state that is threatening the world with its intimidation methods it uses at home.
    Most likely they have a failed nuclear capability as well.
    But it's not worth pedaling his fear to prove his point.
    What comes after Putin will be a lot better then anything that has come in its past.
    The Soviet Empire failed for the same mistakes this president is making now.

A drunk Boris Yeltsin was far more coherent then this boy..

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    You tell him what history will record of Russia.
    It's a failed state.
    A failed state that is threatening the world with its intimidation methods it uses at home.
    Most likely they have a failed nuclear capability as well.
    But it's not worth pedaling his fear to prove his point.
    What comes after Putin will be a lot better then anything that has come in its past.
    The Soviet Empire failed for the same mistakes this president is making now.

A drunk Boris Yeltsin was far more coherent then this boy..
    I agree with you that its a failed state. Its not alone, there's many failed states around the world. The difference is they have nuclear power to wipe countries off the map (if they work, as you say)

I don't agree with you that what comes after Putin will be better. There are worse, more ruthless people than him jostling for his position.

We should count ourselves lucky to have been born in one of the best parts of the World. Western Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand are, without doubt the best places in which to live your life; Great Britain most likely the best of the lot. Despite our apparently useless politicians and our ‘boom and bust’ economy, I am very happy to be British. F**k Putin and the tw@t than subjugates the Chinese, hopefully one day they will get their comeuppance.

I The difference is they have nuclear power to wipe countries off the map (if they work, as you say)

I don't agree with you that what comes after Putin will be better. There are worse, more ruthless people than him jostling for his position.
    Differences of opinions is fine with me.
    I believe humanity has better to offer and will.
    Peace and joy...💙💛

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)