+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Watford Post Match Thoughts

Watford Post Match Thoughts

It seems a while since we got anything at Vicarage Road so as most said before the game 'we'll take a point' and we did just that in our typical hard fought fashion without being outplayed. Two great results in a row against top 3 teams, have we turned the corner aided by our frugal but effective transfer dealings?

Thoughts?

Could have lost,could have won.Very happy with the point.We are back to 100% effort again that’s all we ask.Tough pick for mom but I will give it to Morrison.

Been here today, commitment, togetherness, as a unit. We are back! Just need that forward to cement it all.

My MOTM? Didn’t think I’d be saying this but it’s Odoffin closely followed by a comfortable steady no nonsense Humphrey’s. Well done Odoffin.

Shame Fosu didn’t hit it the first time of asking but we got a point where we didn’t think we would UTM!!!

# Teams Like Rotherham 🙂

I think MT has hit on the ideal compromise - energetic pressing combined with some neat possession and interplay. We definitely looked at home against another high flying team. Special mention for Fosu who had a fabulous debut and could have nicked it for us with possibly the easiest chance of the match. Great engine from Ollie again and Chieo has his enthusiasm back. We could have done better to prevent their goal but that would be overlooking the tremendous effort put in over the 95 minutes. Well done all!

20th at the break and 5 points clear of the drop zone. Birmingham are dropping like a stone and Wigan, Blackpool and Cardiff can't get a win. If we carry on with our current form, we should be fine!

Excellent point today.
    Mistakes by Hjelde and Fosu arguably cost us 3 points, although they hit the woodwork twice.
    Well deserved point though and a great performance.
    Watford commentator really got on my nerves. "a team like Rotherham" "should be a comfortable win" "Rotherham are bang average"
    No respect whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Excellent point today.
    Mistakes by Hjelde and Fosu arguably cost us 3 points, although they hit the woodwork twice.
    Well deserved point though and a great performance.
    Watford commentator really got on my nerves. "a team like Rotherham" "should be a comfortable win" "Rotherham are bang average"
    No respect whatsoever.
    What about when he said something to the effect of....''Rotherham have brought about 1000 supporters which is more in relation to our home attendances because it's a very easy journey up and down the M1!'' What a w*****

110% effort, they were knackered at the end, we could/should have scored another but I think they shoud have aswell.

Gave the ball away for their goal but it was a fair shot.

A very good point. Watched the Blades a bit last night and should have nowt to fear.

Why do we always play well against the top teams??

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    What about when he said something to the effect of....''Rotherham have brought about 1000 supporters which is more in relation to our home attendances because it's a very easy journey up and down the M1!'' What a w*****
    They mentioned our small number of away supporters more than once.
    They failed to mention that you could only hear our fans.
    Don't you just love the "massive" clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Why listen to tin pot knob head opposition commentators on i follow when you can listen to super sam on i follow instead!

Great point today. Peltier MOM for me . Been a travesty if we had lost that game today. Get that forrud and another midfielder and we wont go down.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast