+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Taylor

Matt Taylor

Seems a bit off a task master we signed you you need to perform straight away

Which i like.

Also seems desperate to add more players to the squad.

By his interveiw there seems to off been a open discussion with the players what's happening and he has took it om board and changed things.

Starting to see the results

Maybe he was a bit to much for the players .

Maybe wood influence is as much as it was.

''Also seems desperate to add more players to the squad.'' Err....players are injured, players are leaving, I'd say he's only doing what is necessary and definitely not desperate pal.

Yes we have moved from the 'arm around the shoulder and good people' approach to a Manager who has to live by his results and delivers a straight no nonsense approach. I'll have that all day long if it delivers the desired effect and wins/draws.

Taylor is a Steve Evans type but with more finesse and good luck to him in his quest to deliver. We are already seeing new shoots appear and hopefully we get to see the full bloom come the season end.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ''Also seems desperate to add more players to the squad.'' Err....players are injured, players are leaving, I'd say he's only doing what is necessary and definitely not desperate pal.

Yes we have moved from the 'arm around the shoulder and good people' approach to a Manager who has to live by his results and delivers a straight no nonsense approach. I'll have that all day long if it delivers the desired effect and wins/draws.

Taylor is a Steve Evans type but with more finesse and good luck to him in his quest to deliver. We are already seeing new shoots appear and hopefully we get to see the full bloom come the season end.
    But has that “ arm around the shoulder” finished?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    But has that “ arm around the shoulder” finished?
    I think so. Enough of the mamby pamby lovey dovey s.hit....tell it as it is. Take Wes Harding, won't sign a new contract where's his position now?

I think so. Enough of the mamby pamby lovey dovey s.hit....tell it as it is. Take Wes Harding, won't sign a new contract where's his position now?
    No, I don’t mean by Taylor

Take Wes Harding, won't sign a new contract where's his position now?
    On the bench ???
    Squad player.???
    Still time for the club & Wes Harding to compromise on a new contract unless the club withdraw any offer.
    If he doesn't want to sign then like others he's gone at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    On the bench ???
    Squad player.???
    Still time for the club & Wes Harding to compromise on a new contract unless the club withdraw any offer.
    If he doesn't want to sign then like others he's gone at the end of the season.
    He doesn't want to sign the ball is in his court. Another player who may well have been tapped up....Derby?

He probably wants 2 players in each position that he can rely on.

During the fans forum MT made a specific point of saying he will only sign good people and it is something that attracted him to the job here in the first place. The culture of positive behaviours.
    I don’t know much about Leo but Lee Clark would often say what a great person Sean Morrison is and his attitude to being left out or injured was second to none.

What I like about Taylor is his honesty and he doesn’t limit himself to certain age brackets. Signing 2 defenders. One very raw and young and the other an EFL veteran who has played at most levels is refreshing to me.

Adding a 27 year old midfielder who feels he has something to prove to football after not being given a squad number by Brentford is looking a good move as well.

Sunderland will not be fancying coming to NYS on Saturday. But their fans will be loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    During the fans forum MT made a specific point of saying he will only sign good people and it is something that attracted him to the job here in the first place. The culture of positive behaviours.
    I don’t know much about Leo but Lee Clark would often say what a great person Sean Morrison is and his attitude to being left out or injured was second to none.

What I like about Taylor is his honesty and he doesn’t limit himself to certain age brackets. Signing 2 defenders. One very raw and young and the other an EFL veteran who has played at most levels is refreshing to me.

Adding a 27 year old midfielder who feels he has something to prove to football after not being given a squad number by Brentford is looking a good move as well.

Sunderland will not be fancying coming to NYS on Saturday. But their fans will be loud.
    I hope they don't fancy coming next Saturday and they'll be no noise as the match is off, Sunderland are FA Cup tied buddy. The rearranged game falls on my birthday on 21st Feb. Might treat myself to a bit of corporate for that one. It also allows us to see the likes of Kelly recuperate more and get match fit.
    Last edited by Brin; 22-01-2023 at 09:52 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast