+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 37 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Careless Tories!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    "Labour and Liberal Democrat activists poured onto doorsteps"

Interesting. I have not had one person of any political persuasion "pour onto my doorstep" to discuss anything. Not even a leaflet drop from anyone - apart from the greens who, ironically, did 4 identical leaflet drops through my door on different days. Still they have been recycled now, at least.

Polling day has come and gone, wonder how much the landslide against the Tories' will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    "Labour and Liberal Democrat activists poured onto doorsteps"

Interesting. I have not had one person of any political persuasion "pour onto my doorstep" to discuss anything. Not even a leaflet drop from anyone - apart from the greens who, ironically, did 4 identical leaflet drops through my door on different days. Still they have been recycled now, at least.

Polling day has come and gone, wonder how much the landslide against the Tories' will be?
    Tbf I can, surprisingly, only echo your experience. I got a leaflet from the Tories, another from the Greens and nothing else at all.
    My (tactical) vote went to the LibDems, they being the only Party likely to give the Tories a bloody nose where I live, but it looks as if the epithet of ‘careless’ still stands...they do seem to have lost a lot of seats after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Tbf I can, surprisingly, only echo your experience. I got a leaflet from the Tories, another from the Greens and nothing else at all.
    My (tactical) vote went to the LibDems, they being the only Party likely to give the Tories a bloody nose where I live, but it looks as if the epithet of ‘careless’ still stands...they do seem to have lost a lot of seats after all.
    Beat me to it rA. I was going to post exactly that

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Long term political, demographic and economic shifts almost always matter much more to the final outcome than any one leaflet, attack ad, or campaign gaffe.

There are few better examples of this than yesterday’s local elections. In the months running up to polling day, Rishi Sunak’s party and its ideological cheerleaders tried desperately to start a series of ‘culture wars’ on everything from immigration, to the BBC, to trans rights.

As voters told pollsters that their overwhelming priorities were dealing with surging prices, falling wages and an increasingly broken public sector, the Conservatives instead spent months talking about uni*** bathrooms, small boats, and Gary Lineker.
    n the weeks leading up to polling day, as Labour and Liberal Democrat activists poured onto doorsteps with promises to fix Britain’s broken economy, The Sun newspaper instead splashed on a claim that ‘BRITS SAY NO TO WOKE’ while suggesting that voters were set to ‘reject woke Labour’. Meanwhile the conservative academic Matthew Goodwin toured broadcast studios pushing his theory that the liberal-left ‘new elite’ had become completely detached from the public mood.

They are chasing a declining zeitgeist, because in the end, one of the reasons why ‘anti-woke’ folk are so upset is because certain things that once upon a time nobody questioned, like the idea that same *** relationships are not a good idea… are no longer commonly held views.
    Back to your uncredited plagiarism again I see Swale, unless Sir John Curtice in the Byline Times and repeated on Twitter is plagiarizing you?

"You are chasing a declining zeitgeist, because in the end, one of the reasons why ‘anti-woke’ folk are so upset is because certain things that once upon a time nobody questioned, like the idea that same *** relationships are not a good idea… are no longer commonly held views"

You even have the same 3 dots! I wonder how much of the rest of this post is cut and paste intellect?? Ah, all of it upon further review. At least credit the source you are quoting - even TTR does that - as opposed to making it seem like you are su-marter than the aver-rage bear
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 05-05-2023 at 10:10 AM.

Back to your uncredited plagiarism again I see Swale, unless Sir John Curtice in the Byline Times and repeated on Twitter is plagiarizing you?

"You are chasing a declining zeitgeist, because in the end, one of the reasons why ‘anti-woke’ folk are so upset is because certain things that once upon a time nobody questioned, like the idea that same *** relationships are not a good idea… are no longer commonly held views"

You even have the same 3 dots! I wonder how much of the rest of this post is cut and paste intellect?? Ah, all of it upon further review. At least credit the source you are quoting - even TTR does that - as opposed to making it seem like you are su-marter than the aver-rage bear
    I do usually but forgot the link on this occasion.

Perhaps I didn't get aTory pamphlet because the local conservative councillor designate couldn't drive, since he too was Carless

Perhaps I didn't get aTory pamphlet because the local conservative councillor designate couldn't drive, since he too was Carless
    Or maybe it's something simpler?

https://fb.watch/kkYaSM82BT/

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Or maybe it's something simpler?

https://fb.watch/kkYaSM82BT/
    That was a Party Political broadcast on behalf of the Careless Party.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    That was a Party Political broadcast on behalf of the Careless Party.
    I remember that campaign well. Labour were rumbled all over the place, removing Tory leaflets. How the polcie weren't involved, amazes me.

Just looking through the results. Most of no surprise at all.
    I was just laughing at my old constituency, where I grew up Ashfield.
    Out of all those seats, only 2 Torys and 1 Labour got in.
    You could have never found a more die hard Labour area than that in Notts.
    Now they hate the main parties and voted all the Independents in.
    Sort of makes Swales Political genius theories, look like complete tosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I remember that campaign well. Labour were rumbled all over the place, removing Tory leaflets. How the polcie weren't involved, amazes me.

Just looking through the results. Most of no surprise at all.
    I was just laughing at my old constituency, where I grew up Ashfield.
    Out of all those seats, only 2 Torys and 1 Labour got in.
    You could have never found a more die hard Labour area than that in Notts.
    Now they hate the main parties and voted all the Independents in.
    Sort of makes Swales Political genius theories, look like complete tosh.
    Actually if you actually had the capacity to think, you would see it makes them a reality, nobody but a few saddos is interested in fake culture wars, they are more concerned with the real stuff in life that affects them. At a local level one can quite see why either of the major parties would be ignored.

Page 37 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)