+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Careless Tories!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    The simplest way of explaining this so that even the most unconnected can understand: Abbott is saying that any given sleight on an Irishman, a traveller or a Jew (or a ginger FFS) is lesser in severity than the same sleight on a black person. That is by logic anti-Irish, anti-traveller, anti-Semitic and anti-ginge, the latter in a way the most worrying because hair colour is not a protected characteristic.
    You’ve said that you don’t wish to ‘waste your breath’ on this anymore so I may be wasting my time attempting to respond intelligently and respectfully to your post.
    I’m unconvinced of your ‘logic’ in saying Abbott’s statement is ‘anti-Irish, anti-traveller, anti-Semitic and anti-ginge’. How is it?
    She is suggesting that, for want of a better expression, ‘conventional’ racism is more prevalent and more life long...arguably a silly and dubious point to make, I agree, but that doesn’t mean she is ‘anti’ any of the groups you mention.
    Lots of people find themselves victims of some sort of prejudice...she could have included homos exuals, fat people, the disabled, people with disfigurements, the illiterate etc. Instead she mentioned those with red hair which, probably because it is such a trivial ‘difference’, didn’t help her case.
    However to claim that Abbott’s words are ‘anti’ any of the groups mentioned is very flawed logic imo.
    She may be writing from the perspective of someone who has experienced life long institutionalised racism during her approaching seventy years of life. That may have given her what the less charitable amongst us would refer to as a ‘chip on her shoulder’, but it does not make her anti-Semitic, anti-traveller or anti-Irish.

She is anti semitic. Always has been. Her and her mate hold no love for the Israeli state, yet will praise love and effection for HAMAS.
    Anyone, who cannot see, that the genocide of 6 million Jews/ and the gypsies, was the worst race crime on the planet, needs a labotomy.
    Had the Germans prevailed, god knows what that figure would have reached.
    Her examples of racism, always revolve around black skinned folks as the worst victims.
    It isn't true.

She fails to understand that even black people can be racist as well.
    Here's a question for her/anyone else.
    Who are the most racist country on the planet?
    The results are quite surprising.

Though Big D will disagree greatly.

Go on then, I'll have a guess at somewhere in Middle East. Qatar has had a lot of focus through the world cup, so maybe there, or Saudi or similar. Eastern Europe also springs to mind, maybe a former Yugoslavia country?

I'm not sure how "relative racism" is measured though, especially at a national level.

Maybe, for the 60+ aged folk out here, there is an I Spy Book of Racists lying around awarding 50 points for spotting a Qatari. Used to love those books.....and it was easy to cheat!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    She is anti semitic. Always has been. Her and her mate hold no love for the Israeli state, yet will praise love and effection for HAMAS.
    Anyone, who cannot see, that the genocide of 6 million Jews/ and the gypsies, was the worst race crime on the planet, needs a labotomy.
    Had the Germans prevailed, god knows what that figure would have reached.
    Her examples of racism, always revolve around black skinned folks as the worst victims.
    It isn't true.

She fails to understand that even black people can be racist as well.
    Here's a question for her/anyone else.
    Who are the most racist country on the planet?
    The results are quite surprising.

Though Big D will disagree greatly.
    As ever far more rant than reason...still completely failing to explain how anything she said, though foolish, was ‘anti’ anyone.

Which is the ‘most racist’ country on the planet? No idea how you’d quantify it and it obviously depends how far back you go.
    As you find it such a surprise I imagine the U.S. may well be up there somewhere.

Meanwhile Suella Braverman brands those attempting to reach our shores on small boats etc as 'criminals'.

Maybe they are desperate Suella. I get we cannot just have an open door policy but at least try and show some compassion.

India ranks as the most racist of the countries included in the study. Located in southern Asia, India is the second-most-populous country on Earth, with roughly 1.3 billion people. According to the surveys, the country's residents display considerable intolerance for people with darker skin, whether they are of foreign descent (particularly African) or simply darker-skinned Indians. India has little immigration and few international residents. As a result, most of its people are of Indian descent themselves. This detail is considered to be a major contributing factor to racism in India. When one is unaccustomed to seeing or interacting with people of different races, it is often more difficult to integrate with someone of a different nationality or ethnicity. This notion is borne out in the survey results. Approximately 43.6% of all Indians who took the survey said that they would not be comfortable with neighbors who were of a different culture, ethnicity, or race. 64.3% of Indian participants also reported that they were either discriminated against or had witnessed discrimination unfold in their home country.

Most Racist Countries in the World (WaPo and BT results combined)*:
    India
    Lebanon
    Bahrain
    Libya
    Egypt
    Philippines
    Kuwait
    Palestine
    South Africa
    South Korea

Worst Countries for Racial Equality:
    Qatar
    Serbia
    Saudi Arabia
    Sri Lanka
    United Arab Emirates
    Slovakia
    Myanmar
    Israel
    Ukraine
    United States

Surprised the hell out of me.

India hey? Let he who is without sin "caste" the first stone...

I can actually relate some of that, to my second home Thailand.
    Thailand, is actually very intolerant to darker skin colours.
    Though not for the reasons BLM would claim. It is a culture/class history, going back a very long way.

For them,they see the darker your skin is, as a badge of how poor and low you are,
    In Thailand, those that toiled all day in the fields, trying to scrape a living developed a very dark skin tone, like the Isaan region.
    Those from Ayutthaya (the original capital) then the new Bangkok were where the money was.
    This has followed them through the ages, to now where dark skinned Indians or blacks from around the world are not as openly welcomed as whites. They don't openly abuse, but you will see a difference in how they mix.
    So which is it, prejudice or racism?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    India hey? Let he who is without sin "caste" the first stone...
    It didn't even mention how Hindus/Sikhs/ Muslims react either.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    The most concentrated almost certainly, but we should maybe not forget that 100 years of European settlement in Northern, Central and South America is said to have accounted for the lives of 56 million native to those continents.
    That’s not an ‘anti-Semitic’ comment btw...providing a perspective of one area of human atrocity is not in any way intended to diminish another.

Page 40 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)