+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kayode

Kayode

I believe he’s still staying on at MK Dons, just wondering about his career with us

If we go down (we won’t) then maybe MT will think about keeping him on but in Championship I’ve a feeling we might get rid of him

Personally I just don’t think he’ll get many if any games even if we were in L1

Do Derby want him?

This loan to MK Dons is of absolutely no benefit to the player or our club.
    I understand he's been injured but he's not getting in the match day squad when he's fit.
    Surely it makes more sense to send him somewhere else on loan in this transfer window so he can get some game time.
    It seems unlikely that he's going to develop into a Championship player but the club still has a responsibility to look after him properly so he has a chance to get a permanent move to a club that matches his abilities, somewhere like Carlisle perhaps?

It’s a strange one that we didn’t send him somewhere else but I don’t know in and outs of cats arse so don’t know what’s behind it

Joshua's not been very lucky this season.
    Injured pre-season in the game against Mansfield.
    Hamstring injury and out for around 6 weeks.
    Liam Manning was manager at MK when he went on loan, Manning was sacked mid-November?? and the guy from Leeds was appointed new manager.
    In between Joshua had another injury.
    Not even in the match day squad which could suggest his fitness levels are not yet at a level to be considered for first team action.
    End of this season he's near enough 23 yrs of age and ought to be progressing more.

Tbh I thought he’d only gone to cover for Grigg

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Tbh I thought he’d only gone to cover for Grigg
    Yes I would agree with that.
    As well as Grigg there's Eisa ? ( spelling?) and they've recently signed Jonathan Leko, another player that looked promising a while ago.
    Official line at MK is Joshua is still ' sidelined '.

Still not sure why eisa is still at mk Dons. The lad has 138 goals from 296 games

Still no sign of him in games, not good

He’s becoming another Yates let the lad go.

Should have been sent to L2, someone like Doncaster who definitely wanted him. Would have had games and got a run.

His work rate has always impressed me but he won't come good until he's getting regular games. Sadly, I think he will be gone at the end of the season, though I'd rather have him as a number 4 striker than Eaves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast