+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 15 games in 8 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Well said. Tripe.
    Couldn't agree more. Absolute unadulterated tripe.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Absolute unadulterated tripe.
    Haha, if only some here could speaka de english!

Could some of you point out two things..

I hate them one liner things! Does this indicate a lack of common sense and understanding and just like the bully boys shout boooooooooo! . Good to see people reading my posts after all hey...

Two points though..

Can someone here point out by statistics, assuming they will understand what that word means...How many people in the UK and world wide, watch cricket week to week and ditto how many play and watch football matches both professional and amateur and then you will see how really out of touch some people are. I bloody hate cricket despite watching at old trafford one of the reported best international cricket matches between the best cricket rivals ever?

Two and separate these points so again people understand english, who on earth would invent a sport where you are freezing your balls off for almost two hours for three months watching mostly overrated players kicking a ball sideways and backwards with an occasional ie very occasional shot at goal? And then matches being posponed right left and centre due to bad weather, WHEN, you could be watching the same games in nice weather on say a Friday evening or Saturday in shirt sleeves?

if you can answer these two points truthfully then you could pass the old 11 plus but maybe that is asking a bit too much...One liners and dutch language gets you no marks whatsover!

Just take a look at winter attendance in the lower leagues to really understand reality..

Keep reading my posts on the academy and other stuff to learn basics...
    Last edited by MikeSB; 28-01-2023 at 02:10 PM.

I am certainly a much bigger fan of cricket than football. Football has always been in second place for me. It is true that football is the most played sport in the world with cricket in second place, and it is surprising which countries play international cricket these days. Rwanda have done well in the latest U19s women's cricket world cup and Thailand are no pushovers in international women's T20 cricket.

Reverting to the original theme of this thread, it is interesting to hear players and fans moan about teams having to play two games per week. As my wife always says, "isn't that what the players are paid to do? I try to convince her that the current threadbare and children's paddling pool depth playing squad at Crewe will impact negatively on results should we lose any further players to injury. I cannot see us rising any higher in the league table and, for me, it is all about retaining a double digit points gap between us and those teams occupying the relegation places. Has it been a disappointing season? Given the squad we started the season with, I think we are about where we should be, though I did predict at the start of the season we might finish 13th. I may have been unduly optimistic!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post

Can someone here point out by statistics, assuming they will understand what that word means...How many people in the UK and world wide, watch cricket week to week and ditto how many play and watch football matches both professional and amateur and then you will see how really out of touch some people are. I bloody hate cricket despite watching at old trafford one of the reported best international cricket matches between the best cricket rivals ever?

Mike, because you have no interest in cricket it may surprise you to know many people love it. In my view we are subjexted to too much football particularly on tv. It gets on my wick that TV dictates when teams play their matches but of course that is the hand that feeds to sport and indeed many other sports.

For me all the divisions in the English league should be reduced, starting with the Premiership. 16 teams there and 20 in all the leagues below that. Champions League and the Europa should be abolished and revert to straight knockout competitions played over two legs and if the Top teams get knocked out early then so be it.

That would shorten the season and free up more time to watch and enjoy cricket.

Sorry to point this out to you Mike, but you are not the font of all knowledge on football or any other sport. Maybe you didn't enjoy the cricket because you didn't understand it?

Haha, if only some here could speaka de english!

Could some of you point out two things..

I hate them one liner things! Does this indicate a lack of common sense and understanding and just like the bully boys shout boooooooooo! . Good to see people reading my posts after all hey...

Two points though..

Two and separate these points so again people understand english, who on earth would invent a sport where you are freezing your balls off for almost two hours for three months watching mostly overrated players kicking a ball sideways and backwards with an occasional ie very occasional shot at goal? And then matches being posponed right left and centre due to bad weather, WHEN, you could be watching the same games in nice weather on say a Friday evening or Saturday in shirt sleeves?

if you can answer these two points truthfully then you could pass the old 11 plus but maybe that is asking a bit too much...One liners and dutch language gets you no marks whatsover!

Just take a look at winter attendance in the lower leagues to really understand reality..

The usual condescending rubbish from someone who not so long ago offered to educate us all, but, cannot write in coherent sentences or use paragraphs.

I see we're dropping a place to Colchester without playing, at half time, but will have 5 games in hand after today! Only Walsall have as many to play (22 games) as us - but pleased to see the manager says they're looking forward to playing a whole run of games. If CBR and a couple of others get back soon the chance to rotate and give everyone games could keep all happy. It's if any of these get postponed again that things could get tricky - not many free Tuesdays left!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    The usual condescending rubbish from someone who not so long ago offered to educate us all, but, cannot write in coherent sentences or use paragraphs.
    Haha, keep trying...

I think you will find there is no comma required after using the word 'but'....

I think my posts will prove as usual to be absolutely spot on... Of course I could try the one liner replies...

Sorry to point this out to you Mike, but you are not the font of all knowledge on football or any other sport. Maybe you didn't enjoy the cricket because you didn't understand it?[/QUOTE]

I think I can say I know about as much about football AND golf as anyone posting on here, if not more..Cricket was and is for toffs...

Its a dreadful time wasting sport and football has followed suit...

What is required to understand football and cricket? One is to score goals and win the match and the other is to score more runs to win matches...Dead easy...Oh, Golf is the lowest score wins...

Haha, keep trying...

I think you will find there is no comma required after using the word 'but'....

I think my posts will prove as usual to be absolutely spot on... Of course I could try the one liner replies...
    Ok, slightly ambiguous (look it up) I accept , but compared to your past grammatical ****e, a drop in the ocean. And yes I did pass my 11 plus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast