+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Ahh, the Nanny State....I'm on for a full house
    "Rivers of blood....68"

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    My worry is Barry does well until the end of season and it goes pear shaped thereafter if appointed, like it has for many caretaker appointments over the years.
    Yes. That's a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Because they've grown up with the sort of censorship we were told only existed in East Germany.

That's a point....Stazi Sturgeon.
    Sorry DD, but I'm not quite getting this censorship you mention regularly, where does it exist and what is censored?

I might be wrong but I’m getting the impression that a lot of our first choice candidates are turning us down. The guy Wilder certainly has and the foreign coaches possibly have as well.

I’m not convinced that Robson is the right choice but I would rather give him a chance than appoint any of the other managers in Scotland or someone like Cowely.

Cormacks biggest problem is if he gets this one wrong he will be under severe pressure if he’s looking for a 5th manager in 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Sorry DD, but I'm not quite getting this censorship you mention regularly, where does it exist and what is censored?
    About 50%of the population can’t voice their opinion to anyone they don’t know well because they feel they’re not allowed to have their opinion.
    Never mind not knowing which words they’re not allowed to use anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I might be wrong but I’m getting the impression that a lot of our first choice candidates are turning us down. The guy Wilder certainly has and the foreign coaches possibly have as well.

I’m not convinced that Robson is the right choice but I would rather give him a chance than appoint any of the other managers in Scotland or someone like Cowely.

Cormacks biggest problem is if he gets this one wrong he will be under severe pressure if he’s looking for a 5th manager in 3 years.

We are skinflints. Aberdeen will go with the cheapest option available and sell it to us as if we are daft…nearly no one will take the FMB seriously anyway. Barry Robson is the cheapest option. I hope he does well as a manager but now is not the time for him to try out his first managerial gig with a team like ours. He has only won the 1 match, got easily beaten against St.Mirren and next up against Celtic. If he proves me wrong against Celtic I will be more open to him getting it until the end of the season. I would much prefer to have someone come in far quicker so they can decide what they need for next season with plenty time on their hands.
    Maybe I should apply for a FMB gig….the 4 that are in it are struggling to convince me they are upto the task required.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    About 50%of the population can’t voice their opinion to anyone they don’t know well because they feel they’re not allowed to have their opinion.
    Never mind not knowing which words they’re not allowed to use anymore.
    You're trying too hard Min!

Don’t have to try.
    Just talk to different people.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

Shame it wasnae this Cowley ...

"Come on you slackers! Ten more times up Broad Hill ... or else!"

Name:  profis_4.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  31.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We are skinflints. Aberdeen will go with the cheapest option available and sell it to us as if we are daft…nearly no one will take the FMB seriously anyway. Barry Robson is the cheapest option. I hope he does well as a manager but now is not the time for him to try out his first managerial gig with a team like ours. He has only won the 1 match, got easily beaten against St.Mirren and next up against Celtic. If he proves me wrong against Celtic I will be more open to him getting it until the end of the season. I would much prefer to have someone come in far quicker so they can decide what they need for next season with plenty time on their hands.
    Maybe I should apply for a FMB gig….the 4 that are in it are struggling to convince me they are upto the task required.
    I agree with most of what you are saying but if we can’t convince a decent manager to take over I would rather give Robson a few months at least instead of just appointing someone for the sake of it.

If a decent manager who wants the job becomes available then get him in asap, but let’s not go down the road of appointing the likes of Malky McKay or Stephen Robinson because it’s only going to end up the same way as Goodwin and Glass.

Page 20 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast