+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 79 of 83 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

Tumbleweed blows by…..

I see RJs beloved Adi Hutter is being mentioned for the Leicester job.

If that's what he's in contention for, do you still reckon he would be remotely aware or interested in coming to the North East, playing the likes of Motherwell and St Mirren - on both footballing and financial terms.

I'm not saying I'm a lover of guffball, or anything of the sort. But we need to understand (although maybe not accept) our place in the food chain, and the sort of people that will attract

I mentioned Adi Hutter before most had even heard of him….i done my homework and picked a manager who would improve and take us up a few levels to where we currently were. Financially I realised it would be challenging but it would have been doable if we showed ambition. We could have easily acted as a great stepping stone for a gig in the EPL.
    It’s all mute now as Barry Robson has the gig…it’s his to lose. I hope he does well (as I am sure you all do). It will suit Dave Cormack, Stewart Milne, Alan Burrows and Steven Gunn having him as the manager….because it saves funds and it also keeps their own positions at the club safe for the time being. Barry Robson isn’t going to hound them for big changes and big financial backing to achieve things. Robson will just be more than chuffed he has the job.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I mentioned Adi Hutter before most had even heard of him….i done my homework and picked a manager who would improve and take us up a few levels to where we currently were. Financially I realised it would be challenging but it would have been doable if we showed ambition. We could have easily acted as a great stepping stone for a gig in the EPL.
    It’s all mute now as Barry Robson has the gig…it’s his to lose. I hope he does well (as I am sure you all do). It will suit Dave Cormack, Stewart Milne, Alan Burrows and Steven Gunn having him as the manager….because it saves funds and it also keeps their own positions at the club safe for the time being. Barry Robson isn’t going to hound them for big changes and big financial backing to achieve things. Robson will just be more than chuffed he has the job.
    Does reading something about a bloke, thinking he has a funny name then mentioning him on here class as homework?

If only…

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    If only…
    Like.

I can't imagine Barry Robson to be a person who would keep quiet to appease a chairman.

He managed to get rid of our captain and bring in an experienced assistant within the first few days of being made interim manager.

Where your research falls down, and you gum bumping about ambition, is you have no clue about financial reality. Huns and Tims pay (according to various sites - based on season 2021-2022) £1.2m and £2m respectively. We were paying Glass less than half a mil. Hutter's last job was paying him EUR4m.

Much as I would love to attract top names on big money, nobody in their right mind would go from
    a) EUR4m to GBP500,000 (or even what the Tims can pay)
    b) Go from Bundesliga to SPL
    c) Choose to move to the North East of Scotland for the two reasons above.

So drop the pish and follow your own reckoning that everything else is moot

Quote Originally Posted by WhenTattieFlooredChas View Post
    Where your research falls down, and you gum bumping about ambition, is you have no clue about financial reality. Huns and Tims pay (according to various sites - based on season 2021-2022) £1.2m and £2m respectively. We were paying Glass less than half a mil. Hutter's last job was paying him EUR4m.

Much as I would love to attract top names on big money, nobody in their right mind would go from
    a) EUR4m to GBP500,000 (or even what the Tims can pay)
    b) Go from Bundesliga to SPL
    c) Choose to move to the North East of Scotland for the two reasons above.

So drop the pish and follow your own reckoning that everything else is moot

And there you have it . Nicely put, Loon !!

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    If only…
    😀

Page 79 of 83 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast