+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 72 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I admit I am biased

He is part of a great wee team though….everyone of them is good.
    But there's the thing it's easy to coach and manage good players
    You should try managing a team with less ability and see how effective your coaching methods are

Quote Originally Posted by bucky1973 View Post
    But there's the thing it's easy to coach and manage good players
    You should try managing a team with less ability and see how effective your coaching methods are

That small bunch of kids were just happy to be involved in team football no so long ago. We have spent a lot of time with them (and still do) to
    get the very best out of everyone of them. They are extremely hard working at training and in matches for 11/12 year olds. I have yet to see a kids team with a better team spirit than this lot.
    I would encourage anyone on here to get involved in coaching or even refereeing as we have a shortage of these positions in this country. Get yourself qualified and let’s see what qualities you have.

I was fortunate when I was a very young lad as my grandad took me to see the best Aberdeen team/manager ever. That winning mentality is ingrained into me and the day it stops is the day I die. I try and teach these young kids the importance of having that winning mentality and it is certainly reaping rewards so far. My dream is to see any one of them turn out for the Dons one day (even if the odds are against it). Aberdeen FC were the team I really cared about and supported passionately but this kids team have taken over now. Watching them play and win is much more satisfying than what the Dons nowadays are offering.

That small bunch of kids were just happy to be involved in team football no so long ago. We have spent a lot of time with them (and still do) to
    get the very best out of everyone of them. They are extremely hard working at training and in matches for 11/12 year olds. I have yet to see a kids team with a better team spirit than this lot.
    I would encourage anyone on here to get involved in coaching or even refereeing as we have a shortage of these positions in this country. Get yourself qualified and let’s see what qualities you have.

I was fortunate when I was a very young lad as my grandad took me to see the best Aberdeen team/manager ever. That winning mentality is ingrained into me and the day it stops is the day I die. I try and teach these young kids the importance of having that winning mentality and it is certainly reaping rewards so far. My dream is to see any one of them turn out for the Dons one day (even if the odds are against it). Aberdeen FC were the team I really cared about and supported passionately but this kids team have taken over now. Watching them play and win is much more satisfying than what the Dons nowadays are offering.
    So we'll be seeing less of you and your fascination input on here as your interest in the dons dwindles further?

Been there, done both. I did the required level certificate courses when the late Chic McLelland and Drew Jarvie were in charge of youth development, and qualified as a b’stard in the black in 1995.

The ref training was a hoot. Some of the inside stories from Mike Pocock, Sandy Roy, Dave Fleming, and the late Bryan Christie (also the Malters’ Sunday League ‘keeper behind me) were gold.

During the training spell, Sandy Roy refereed an Aberdeenshire Cup final at Postage Stamp Park between hated Cove and the Dons reserves. About ten minutes in, Sandy flashed a straight red to the long-forgotten Reds’ midfielder Graeme Ferguson who was about to take a throw-in. On the Tuesday night at training, I asked him about it. “Foul and abusive language”, he explained, “He called me a cûnt”.

“That’s because you ARE a cûnt, Sandy” responded one of his Class 1 colleagues.

Quote Originally Posted by WhenTattieFlooredChas View Post
    So we'll be seeing less of you and your fascination input on here as your interest in the dons dwindles further?
    Nah, he will always make the time to put the boot into the done.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I’m pretty sure red John is getting muddled up with the amount of pish he speaks.

One minute he goes on about how he has his standards from watching the Dons through the fergie years.

Now he is talking about coaching his kids football team.

So I guess the biggest questions would be how old is he and how old is his loon?
    In addition to having kids into his 50’s, I bet he’s a great, great singer too - f*** all to this singing malarkey - are you Aberdeen’s tribute version of Rod Stewart?

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Been there, done both. I did the required level certificate courses when the late Chic McLelland and Drew Jarvie were in charge of youth development, and qualified as a b’stard in the black in 1995.

The ref training was a hoot. Some of the inside stories from Mike Pocock, Sandy Roy, Dave Fleming, and the late Bryan Christie (also the Malters’ Sunday League ‘keeper behind me) were gold.

During the training spell, Sandy Roy refereed an Aberdeenshire Cup final at Postage Stamp Park between hated Cove and the Dons reserves. About ten minutes in, Sandy flashed a straight red to the long-forgotten Reds’ midfielder Graeme Ferguson who was about to take a throw-in. On the Tuesday night at training, I asked him about it. “Foul and abusive language”, he explained, “He called me a cûnt”.

Respect given for doing both the coaching and getting the qualification to be a ref. I am currently doing the same regarding the qualification to be a ref (I don’t want to be a referee but it will give me extra clout in the future). The league are desperate to get more referees and often send emails out trying to encourage anyone to give it a go.
    Some hassle to become a coach nowadays though….the days of just volunteering to help out is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    In addition to having kids into his 50’s, I bet he’s a great, great singer too - f*** all to this singing malarkey - are you Aberdeen’s tribute version of Rod Stewart?
    Ahem….I am in my late forties.

As for the Rod Stewart input….can anyone remember Rod Stewart and some connection of his being interested in taking over Aberdeen?

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

Similar story during my time as a Club ref. when I lived down south - during a dispute with the ref. the player says "If I called you a ****, would you send me off", ref replies "Of course". "But if just looked at you and only thought it you wouldn't send me off?". Ref : "Correct again". "In that case, ref, I think you're a ****".

Ahem….I am in my late forties.

As for the Rod Stewart input….can anyone remember Rod Stewart and some connection of his being interested in taking over Aberdeen?
    The football management will keep you forever young but I don’t want to talk about it.

Page 72 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast