+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Longstaff

Longstaff

Sean has taken a lot of stick recently for missing a shed load of chances and yes, he has been mislaying his shooting boots, but one thing I have noticed is just how often he has been the one to be getting in to the scoring positions. That has to be something that he has to be given credit for, because he has been consistently getting those scoring chances as well as all the other work he has been doing

I've felt he's needed a goal for his confidence so really happy for him to get two in such an important game

Quote Originally Posted by Xamand View Post
    Sean has taken a lot of stick recently for missing a shed load of chances and yes, he has been mislaying his shooting boots, but one thing I have noticed is just how often he has been the one to be getting in to the scoring positions. That has to be something that he has to be given credit for, because he has been consistently getting those scoring chances as well as all the other work he has been doing

He certainly proved it with a vengeance tonight

Spot on, man.

Very well-deserved Man of the Match award.

Pleased for him.

I was one of his biggest critics, but the Eddie Howe-effect, man... He's been an important part of the team for a while now and I'm so delighted for him! He's improved with the team and I hope he stays with us for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Spot on, man.

Very well-deserved Man of the Match award.
    Absolutely.

He was feeding off the fans, personal for him.

So very pleased for him.

I’ve been a critic but he deserves the plaudits (yesterday)

Got to maintain overall performance though… it’s not the lack of goals only in the past, it’s giving the ball away cheaply too (Like Willock for Adam’s goal 🤦*♂️)

End of the day… both Longstaff and Willock need to step up on a consistent basis or they will be replaced within the next 4 transfer windows.

I’d love it if he does, because we all want ‘one of our own’, but the club will be bringing in the best in the years to come and current levels won’t even get them on the bench in the not too distant.

Another critic in the past but he played ever so well last night.

He has his strengths for sure but I still think he reacts slowly to situations instead of dictating play whereas Bruno for example pre-empts play and anticipates action and seems to be a step ahead with his position and passes.

....if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Another critic in the past but he played ever so well last night.

He has his strengths for sure but I still think he reacts slowly to situations instead of dictating play whereas Bruno for example pre-empts play and anticipates action and seems to be a step ahead with his position and passes.

....if that makes sense.
    Perfect sense, and agree 👍

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)