+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: v Kilmarnock

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    26 shots for Killie Vs 7 for us - against the team that was level on points with us at the bottom of the league before the match. That has to be a concern surely? You'd think we were playing Celtic with numbers like that.
    Aye, 26-7 but we could easily have won that game, the chances we missed were very very unlucky. I’d be more worried if we weren’t creating any chances.

Disgraceful.

Simplest way to compare is Our Middleton and their Armstrong, both similar in many ways.

Desire Armstrong
    Get ball get forward Armstrong
    Actually try to tackle when not having the ball Armstrong
    Run and contribute for the full time possible Armstrong

Player to player there is not one who was better than his opposite number.

Mulgrew is now past it and disrupts the back line.
    Pawlett coming on I was ready to go to bed.
    Niskannen has proven for 2 years to be flattering. Done nothing, reminds me of McMullen
    McMann, brutal, but at least tried to get forward.
    Levitt (did we have 11 on)
    Middleton is another flatterer. lost count how many times he had opportunity to beat his man and tracked backwards.

My main worry is that after relegation that team and management will NOT get us back up, so its the Championship for some time.........

Spirit, passion all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post
    Homeless in the morning
    you were saying....

As said earlier just viewed on bbc live text. But still believe you need to introduce pace, as every body does.

Niskanen albeit not the greatest will run and give defenders something to think about, he also tracks back, for me Freeman and him on the right side.

Cudjoe is getting some good reviews on the Twa teams podcast, young, raw but fast and skilful, give him a chance.

Are Hearts the time to be taking a punt, I’d much rather take a beating and tried rather than 1000 passes to nowhere!

Get Meekison back

Birighitti
    Freeman Edwards Graham Behich
    Sibbald
    Niskanen Levitt Cudjoe
    Fletcher McGrath

I think the defence and keeper were fine last night, they had a lot to deal with and but for a wonder strike would have kept a clean sheet. Great goal from Killie.

The midfield were poor. Doume did decent I thought but the others were awful, including Sibbald when he came on.

Up front, pish poor from them all.

To be fair to Orgen he has pumped money in to the club. But he doesn't choose the players. TA does. I suspect that Orgen is losing faith in TA and just wasn't prepared to keep giving him more cash this window. After all the marquee signing from the last January window has just been offloaded on loan. He will probably think he has given TA a strong enough squad and TA trying to save face would agree, after all we have Peter Pawlett back from injury, a player who has done little the whole time at the club and should never have been given a new contract.

Its not a lost cause yet but I am certainly less confident this side of the window because like most United fans thought there would be some reinforcements.

Lastly on the manager, the 2 clubs at the bottom are the 2 clubs that after sacking their managers gave interim control to inexperienced insiders. Same patterns stabilised for a while and now struggling. This is what often happens when you change manager you have a small period where things get better, a managerial bounce. No manager should be given the job on the basis of results in this period.

When Ross left none of the Sportsound pundits thought Fox was experienced enough.

Quote Originally Posted by tangeron View Post
    When Ross left none of the Sportsound pundits thought Fox was experienced enough.
    Fox is totally out of his depth. Cheap option as appears to be the case all over at Utd at the moment. Fans are being let down massively.

Was Jack Ross actually sacked and paid off, or is he still on gardening leave and receiving his wage? I don't believe I have seen any statement confirming one way or another?

Quote Originally Posted by tangeron View Post
    He's Not they were spot on.

I think Ross was perhaps in some way victim of certain players not being given the freedom off the park (as in) in the changing room that they perhaps enjoyed under Tam and now Fox.
    That's perhaps down to the fact both were/are young and inexperienced and not strong enough to let certain players know there was only one boss .

Id say Ross would have made that known quick sharp but in doing so perhaps paid the price and lost the dressing room but if that was the case I 100% think Ross was correct and had we given him time I believe , long term , he would have proven a far better manager of the club than what we now have and what we had before him also .

I think we were all happy with the calibre of player Jack Ross brought in and there is no way this squad should be bottom of the league and now in very real danger of going down .
    I dread to think what the cost of bringing in these players during the summer amounts to and when you add in to that the guys who were already at the club and reportedly on big contracts , like Pawlett for example , the return we have seen is awful and potentially financially damaging for us .

The bottom line is our manager was the cheap option .
    He simply cant get some very good players to perform ,that much is clear , so IMO he has to go .

We are now seeing the age old chat from fans of clubs who inevitably end up relegated ... " We are too good to go down " ... " It took a wonder goal to beat us " .. " We missed a Penalty that would have changed the outcome " .." we aren't getting any luck just now but it will even itself out " ( it doesn't when you are at the bottom ) .. " id be more worried if we weren't creating chances " etc etc etc .

We need to change manager NOW or we are looking at relegation !
    Last edited by DBDU; 02-02-2023 at 03:32 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)