+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginning of the end for certain people

Beginning of the end for certain people

Reminding me of the latter stages of ST where fans turned on him and there was no going back, it impacted the team until it ended.

Asghar is already at this stage, the bitterness will spill from stands to pitch until he is away and we do not have the players to get through a fanbase at odds with everything, Ogren will start to get the criticism as well.

Asghar will defo be gone in time, unfortunately for Ogren it will be too late before he realizes and it may even cost him his relationship with the fans.

I only see this ending badly with us being relegated, Asghar leaving his role and the club in a mess for another period of time

One things for sure, a majority of ST holders will not be renewing

Cant blame them either

I think the majority will renew, but your point is a good one, a sizeable chunk won't.

Have to agree. I have long sat on the fence with regards of TA. Often feeling that he was dammed if he did and dammed if he didn’t. However this window has firmly changed that opinion. It was clear at the start of the window that Watt wld be going. It was clear to everyone that we needed to get a CB in and a striker even with Watt at the club. To have failed to have done this and attempted to appease fans with a last grasp loan move for an untested 19yr old CB is just criminal. I’m sure if that was the calibre of player we wanted to bring in we wld have someone in the academy/development squad to achieve this. With more and more rumours and they are only rumours of TA influence over the team. I’m now feel it’s justified and time for TA to be held accountable for our weak headless team that will now be favourites to go down.

TA interfering with the team selection. Sorry, just don't buy that, sounds like bull****e online rumours to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think the majority will renew, but your point is a good one, a sizeable chunk won't.
    aye, i would say easy 1500-2000 wont renew next year, can't blame them, at the end of the day this is deemed an entertainment, there is zero entertainment, prices of gas and electric, fuel, food etc. People will quite rightly spend the 300+ on something else

Ogren is not a supporter, he is an American businessman and people need to remove any thoughts about having an owner who genuinely cares about what the fans think. Whilst of course he wants happy fans, thats the ideal situation whilst making money but right now hes majorly out of pocket and his faith in Asghar will be based on the finances.

I have no doubt now the remit will be for Ogren to get his cash back. Everyone in business has targets. If Asghar is hitting those targets he will be staying, there is simply no way Ogren would get rid of someone doing so and gambling on someone else.

The big thing for me right now is IS HE HITTING THOSE TARGETS AS SET BY OGREN? If not he should be gone, if he is then we are in for a long painful ride. Ogren is not stupid, so it tells me hes doing what hes asked to do!

any sane business man would not invest in a Scottish premier team like us and expect to make money

think of how much he will loss if/when we go down

I think they are smarter than you think. For example Dundee have an offshore firm controlling them. That allows the owners to put money through the business and avoid capital gains taxes.

I heard before these owners can actually avoid a lot of tax in their own country by doing it, thus offsetting the loss and sometimes being even better for it. Pretty sure Keys at Dundee is actually better off for owning Dundee than not by doing this. Hence why hes still at it and doing little to improve them on the park

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    I think they are smarter than you think. For example Dundee have an offshore firm controlling them. That allows the owners to put money through the business and avoid capital gains taxes.

I heard before these owners can actually avoid a lot of tax in their own country by doing it, thus offsetting the loss and sometimes being even better for it. Pretty sure Keys at Dundee is actually better off for owning Dundee than not by doing this. Hence why hes still at it and doing little to improve them on the park
    Biggest example of loss offset was the debt that was loaded onto Man United at one point. I expect the Ogrens are doing something similar, but i had hopes that history would not repeat itself after the owners seemed to forge a link to the fans.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)