+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Motherwell

Quote Originally Posted by DondyDan View Post
    I remember constantly refreshing ceefax or teletext for that one. Ahhhh, those were the days!

A repeat of that would do me. But maybe without the 5 for them!

I reckon we'll win this. Well, part of me thinks we'll never win again! But when I bury that thought I think 2-0
    Was McLeish with them then? Remember being on a family holiday abroad and looking at this result in the newspaper the following day prior to the ready availability of the Internet!?

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Was McLeish with them then? Remember being on a family holiday abroad and looking at this result in the newspaper the following day prior to the ready availability of the Internet!?
    I think it was Billy Davies in charge. McLeish was at Hibs by that point.
    If history was to repeat itself, it could be today.

I am already pissed off by Robson sticking with this 5 at the back nonsense

Every team we play is dominating the centre of the pitch and overloading in the wide areas with this 5-3-2 lump it up to Miovski and Duk trash

Be the same vs Murderwell, a piss poor average football team who we will line up against with a negative system sitting deep and hitting long balls

We do not concede less goals with 5 at the back, it just reduces further any control we have over teams, just because your players can't defend doesn't justify playing more defenders

Quote Originally Posted by LongDistanceRed View Post
    I am already pissed off by Robson sticking with this 5 at the back nonsense

Every team we play is dominating the centre of the pitch and overloading in the wide areas with this 5-3-2 lump it up to Miovski and Duk trash

Be the same vs Murderwell, a piss poor average football team who we will line up against with a negative system sitting deep and hitting long balls

We do not concede less goals with 5 at the back, it just reduces further any control we have over teams, just because your players can't defend doesn't justify playing more defenders
    Just wait and see first how it goes today.

The truth is we can't defend and don't have many defenders, we also don't have much creativity in the team which means we're screwed either way. Motherwell have similar problems to us.

We just need a win today by any means and doubt this afternoon will be for the purists.

I think part of the reason we play with three centre backs is that we simply don't have players capable of playing as proper fullbacks. Coulson, Hayes, Kennedy are all converted wingers, Richardson can't be trusted, McRorie is a converted midfielder and McKenzie is injured (and most likely isn't good enough anyway). That's all due to our ridiculous recent transfer windows, which chose not to address this obvious weakness.

I fully expect Scales, Pollock and MacDonald to start today with Kennedy and Hayes as wingbacks because we simply don't have the players today to play a flat back four. Robson's challenge is to get us on the front foot so that we play most of the match with a back 3 rather than a back 5

Is Scales nae suspended?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Is Scales nae suspended?
    I'm nae sure. He was sent off for two yellows so that is just a one game ban. Not sure if two red cards (both from two yellows) means a second game ban or if needs to be straight reds before you get the extra game ban

Looking at the bench today it's crying out for someone like Vinny. If we need a goal, we are relying on a loon that hasn't kicked the ball for the 1st team. The new loan signing did nothing on Wednesday to suggest he is an improvement on Vinny.

Looks like 5-3-2 again

Aberdeen: Gorter, Scales, MacDonald, Pollock, Hayes, Clarkson, Shinnie, Ramadani, Kennedy, Duk, Miovski.

At least Lewis isn't in goal.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast