+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Motherwell

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    It wasn’t
    I'll take your word on it then.

Happy with the win of course. Some nice goals and nice play too, but wheres that attitude & effort been this last month?

New boys & Duk exempt - but the rest of those players still need to take a long hard look at themselves cause all today shows is how much they’ve let us all down the last month…

Good win today thought everyone played well although I’m sure I will get slated for saying it but Kennedy really frustrates me.

Never seen a winger so reluctant to try to get past a player,99 times out of a 100 he passes the ball back.To be fair the guys sitting around me were saying the same thing.

Motherwell are honking,easily the worst team I have seen us play this season but a wins a win so happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Good win today thought everyone played well although I’m sure I will get slated for saying it but Kennedy really frustrates me.

Never seen a winger so reluctant to try to get past a player,99 times out of a 100 he passes the ball back.To be fair the guys sitting around me were saying the same thing.
    I though Kennedy did ok today in the he actually got a couple of crosses in, one in the first half from the byline that won us a corner, but yes he is frustrating.

We know he's neither a winger or wing back, but can't fault his effort. Would be offering him a deal though.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Flashscores says that Well made 6 subs. Is that right and if so why were they allowed more than the permitted 5?
    A strange one that seems to have been missed unless there has been a special Clancy rule change only against us.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Happy with the win of course. Some nice goals and nice play too, but wheres that attitude & effort been this last month?
    That was the best attitude I have seen from us all season. Didn't look like we concede everytime they ventured forward, which was nearly always the case with Goodwin.

My money is that a lot of it is down to our Captain going.

Now I'm not saying Pollock and MacDonald are the new Miller and McLeish, but they stood up to all the usual Motherwell shyte today, which was great to see and I hope they keep it going.
    Scales looked a lot more confident too and would have no qualms about signing him, but I doubt it will happen.

I don't think we will ever know what lead to our collapse after the break, but I'm sure something went badly wrong somewhere.

I just hope we put a good run together now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I though Kennedy did ok today in the he actually got a couple of crosses in, one in the first half from the byline that won us a corner, but yes he is frustrating.

We know he's neither a winger or wing back, but can't fault his effort. Would be offering him a deal though.
    If he’s not a winger or a wing back then what is he?

I wouldn’t offer him a new deal,we would be better persevering with Duncan.
    Last edited by rico94; 04-02-2023 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    That was the best attitude I have seen from us all season. Didn't look like we concede everytime they ventured forward, which was nearly always the case with Goodwin.

My money is that a lot of it is down to our Captain going.

Now I'm not saying Pollock and MacDonald are the new Miller and McLeish, but they stood up to all the usual Motherwell shyte today, which was great to see and I hope they keep it going.
    Scales looked a lot more confident too and would have no qualms about signing him, but I doubt it will happen.

I don't think we will ever know what lead to our collapse after the break, but I'm sure something went badly wrong somewhere.

I just hope we put a good run together now.
    From what I have seen from MacDonald and Pollock in the last 2 games they look pretty good defensively.

But distribution wise they have just been punting the ball as far as they can,MacDonald in particular has put the ball onto the main stand roof on 2 occasions.

I haven’t got a problem with that to be honest but I would imagine that Stewart,Gallagher and maybe even Bates could have played like that.

The problem seemed to be with the 3 of them that they were hopeless at trying to play out from the back.

I’m not sure if Pollock and MacDonald would be any better at that.

From what I have seen from MacDonald and Pollock in the last 2 games they look pretty good defensively.

But distribution wise they have just been punting the ball as far as they can,MacDonald in particular has put the ball onto the main stand roof on 2 occasions.

I haven’t got a problem with that to be honest but I would imagine that Stewart,Gallagher and maybe even Bates could have played like that.

The problem seemed to be with the 3 of them that they were hopeless at trying to play out from the back.

I’m not sure if Pollock and MacDonald would be any better at that.
    They are both short term answers. Get to the end of the season and hope whoever the manager is can fix our bigger problems.

If he’s not a winger or a wing back then what is he?
    I think his best position would be playing behind the strikers in a free role.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast