+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Portsmouth v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Wider gap than Terry Thomas’s teeth.

Ffs referee have you never heard of playing an advantage?

Good fight back, well done Lads.

2 tricky away games 4 points.

20 grand well spent with that throw lad

A fair result but goodness me just where is the justice with refereeing decisions like that.
    The late changes paid off but our passing % rate shocking throughout
    Four very good points from two very tricky fixtures.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 04-02-2023 at 05:07 PM.

I'll take that because Pompey raised their game in that second half and we were second best for much of it .

Wycombe and Posh both winning away and closing the gap so the point was
    massive .

Four Points is very acceptable from two tricky away games and we were far from our best on both occasions .

The less said about the referee the better , absolute clown , looked an older referee too so should have had the experience to let play go on for a second and bring it back and award the free kick if Cole doesn't score .

Even the Pompey commentators couldn't believe it who were as biased as they come for the majority of the game .

Because of the two glorious opportunities that we missed in the first aif, I found it a tough and frustrating watch. However, this has been the pattern in a fair few games this season. It's nowt new is it. I suppose if it costs us a top 6 place or if an Odejayi style miss at Wembley in the play off final costs us, then the board may look back and think they should've done much more this January.

The game itself was a bit o a throw back with a bobbly looking pitch and both teams being very physical. There wasn't much football played out there today but I enjoyed seeing some good, hard tackles going in along with the intensity.

We deserved the point today imo. I'm happy with the points return from these last two away games. Onto Cambridge nar

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Because of the two glorious opportunities that we missed in the first aif, I found it a tough and frustrating watch. However, this has been the pattern in a fair few games this season. It's nowt new is it. I suppose if it costs us a top 6 place or if an Odejayi style miss at Wembley in the play off final costs us, then the board may look back and think they should've done much more this January.

The game itself was a bit o a throw back with a bobbly looking pitch and both teams being very physical. There wasn't much football played out there today but I enjoyed seeing some good, hard tackles going in along with the intensity.

We deserved the point today imo. I'm happy with the points return from these last two away games. Onto Cambridge nar
    I think once the lad Russell gets a start he will give us something extra , good player this lad and hugely mismanaged by the Terriers according to one of my former work colleagues .

Watters I thought did well before blowing out of his ass on 55 minutes but the game today in his legs will have done him good .

Cole to be fair put a shift in but his limitations in front of goal are obvious .

Duff has at least some options and there's competition for places .

Controversial this but I'd leave Collins out next Saturday and give the new lad from Luton a game .

My thinking is that there are no cup games remaining for the lad to start , Collins is struggling for form and fitness in my opinion and the kick up the ass won't do him any harm .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I think once the lad Russell gets a start he will give us something extra , good player this lad and hugely mismanaged by the Terriers according to one of my former work colleagues .

Watters I thought did well before blowing out of his ass on 55 minutes but the game today in his legs will have done him good .

Cole to be fair put a shift in but his limitations in front of goal are obvious .

Duff has at least some options and there's competition for places .

Controversial this but I'd leave Collins out next Saturday and give the new lad from Luton a game .

My thinking is that there are no cup games remaining for the lad to start , Collins is struggling for form and fitness in my opinion and the kick up the ass won't do him any harm .
    agree with most of this but i think that cole is being made a scapegoat his work off the ball and his effort has to be appriciated

Quote Originally Posted by redsarebest View Post
    agree with most of this but i think that cole is being made a scapegoat his work off the ball and his effort has to be appriciated
    Well I did say he put a shift in did I not ?

Mind you that's the minimum requirement isn't it .

Limited footballer , he has the career so far to prove it .

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast