+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO Salmon Dave

Name:  E09EC3A9-3BED-4FD0-AE8E-E391CF4B0E2C.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  10.6 KB

A school friend of mine grew up in Clashfarquhar House as it then was.
    His parents were.......nae sure what you call the folks in charge of an old folks' home.......warders?.......there.
    He's now a minister in Aberdeen, referred to by Richard Jobson as "Aberdeen's only punk minister".
    I knew (a wee bit) "Mac" when he was mine host at the St Leonards.
    I got maist hoooorin' drunk at a function there the Friday prior to the 1982 Scottish Cup Final.

I think I vomited fae about Arbroath to Dunblane the next day on the bus.

The St Leonards, in common with a number of former hostelries in the St Tropez of the North East, is now flats.

A resident in one of said flats was Derek MacInnes during his tenure as AFC Gaffer.

What did Heather ever see in the dreep Rodger.

Couldn't have been much better looking females on the telly in 82.

The youthful Terry, whose later tash and permed hair would define Scousers for the next decade or so. Hard to believe where the actor Brian Regan would end up in real life 20 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    What did Heather ever see in the dreep Rodger.
    Immaterial as far as the needs of drama are concerned. Conflict is a necessity, and their domestic disharmony is a microcosm of the wider industrial issues firing up Bobby Grant and Jonah, who later exposed Paul Collins’s racism when the much-missed Katrin Cartlidge RIP, as Lucy Collins 1.0 took a fancy to Jonah during the 1982 festive season. Paul himself is a victim of Thatcherism too, but is too middle class to see it, but he feels he’s fighting an unfair world. At least that was Salmon Dave’s Marxist reading of it, especially when he had a few Coapy Loaves inside him, the pretentious aul gype.

Maybe Roger had a cock like a Bon Accord ale bottle, since in an episode I’ve just seen, there was a tussle going on under the number 9 duvet instigated by Mrs H hersel.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Immaterial as far as the needs of drama are concerned. Conflict is a necessity, and their domestic disharmony is a microcosm of the wider industrial issues firing up Bobby Grant and Jonah, who later exposed Paul Collins’s racism when the much-missed Katrin Cartlidge RIP, as Lucy Collins 1.0 took a fancy to Jonah during the 1982 festive season. Paul himself is a victim of Thatcherism too, but is too middle class to see it, but he feels he’s fighting an unfair world. At least that was Salmon Dave’s Marxist reading of it, especially when he had a few Coapy Loaves inside him, the pretentious aul gype.

Maybe Roger had a cock like a Bon Accord ale bottle, since in an episode I’ve just seen, there was a tussle going on under the number 9 duvet instigated by Mrs H hersel.
    I watched the said under the duvet scene. Imagine Heather snuggling up in a morning making you late for work, we can all dream.

Really enjoying the factory strike storyline, as into all that. Not many soaps would have protrayed that subject matter in such a detail and all in under 25 minutes an episode, they pack a lot in and credit to the writers.

Arthur who was George Malone in BFTBS, was dead and gone was the union negotiator and one of his sons from BFTBS was scabbing on the picket line in Brookie. A small world.

Are you lot speaking about a wifie's soap opera that was on the telly when you should have been in the pub?

What a shower of sad b'astards.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Nope. Nae the St Leonards. I knew it well when Ian McKenzie was the owner, and I delivered there. I also kent it when the folk club met there on Friday evenings, before, to quote Woody Guthrie, it caught a-fire. Coincidental to the subject of the thread, we once went in there unplugged after a full band gig at the Lark Club in the aul school cantien across the road. It was a singers’ night, and we (including Salmon Dave as a band member) had the hale place singing the chorus of his song aboot Trevor Jordache putrefying under the paving slabs at 10 Brookside Close. The daft aul radge used to introduce it as “a song about the tricky subjects of incest, patricide, and landscape gardening”. It made a change from their ballads about deid lifeboatmen, and the bonny lassie’s plaidy being blown awa.

The hotel is the building described by Sneckie that towers over the middle of the town that featured in the oil-related drama.
    "Roughnecks" I think it was called, BBC One early 1990s.
    Featuring the very lovely Ashley Jensen, who'd definitely get my drill tip even now.

Heather all dressed up for the Law Society Ball.

Should have come with a public health warning.

Mar wonder Rogers boss was sniffing round like a rat up a drainpipe.

Episode 18 in the books.....I'd forgotten the extent to which the youthful me lusted after Heather.
    Jaysus she was hot.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast