+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Oliver Michael Rathbone appreciation society

Get voting for his EFL goal of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Get voting for his EFL goal of the month.
    Top signing - heart and soul of what our club is about - also one of the best 'midfield ratters' we've had in many a year - really hope he signs a new contract

Good choice by Matt to do this and could well persuade Olly to extend his contract with us.Let's hope we see the first win under his captaincy today.

Wiles looked like leaving he gets the captains armband
    Barlaser wanted to leave we give him the arm band.
    Olly offered a new contract. Give him the arm band.
    Wonder if they will offer it to Eaves

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Wiles looked like leaving he gets the captains armband
    Barlaser wanted to leave we give him the arm band.
    Olly offered a new contract. Give him the arm band.
    Wonder if they will offer it to Eaves
    I think it's an excellent choice.Who would you choose?

Whilst rathbone is a beast on the pitch he's softly spoken nature doesn't make him a natural leader and I can't imagine him being very vocal in the changing room. He even mentioned in his interview that he dare not give a team talk before the sheff u game because he would be ridiculed by his team mates..
    I'm old school. I like the captain to be a CB someone the team look to for guidance when it gets tough..
    Woody has been the perfect example. Maybe peltier. Maybe Hall.
    Tbh take woody and barlaser out of the squad and we are struggling to see a on the pitch leader. Morrison would have been the perfect candidate but like barlaser and woody I'm not expecting to see them in a millers shirt again.
    If he can stay fit I'm going to have to say grant hall. If we can keep him and Humphreys injury free to the end of season we have 2 championship std CB

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Whilst rathbone is a beast on the pitch he's softly spoken nature doesn't make him a natural leader and I can't imagine him being very vocal in the changing room. He even mentioned in his interview that he dare not give a team talk before the sheff u game because he would be ridiculed by his team mates..
    I'm old school. I like the captain to be a CB someone the team look to for guidance when it gets tough..
    Woody has been the perfect example. Maybe peltier. Maybe Hall.
    Tbh take woody and barlaser out of the squad and we are struggling to see a on the pitch leader. Morrison would have been the perfect candidate but like barlaser and woody I'm not expecting to see them in a millers shirt again.
    If he can stay fit I'm going to have to say grant hall. If we can keep him and Humphreys injury free to the end of season we have 2 championship std CB
    Personally I don't think the captain should be vocal in the dressing room that's the job of the manager and his staff . The captain is the leader on the pitch and that's when he should be vocal and lead by example .

Quote Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
    Personally I don't think the captain should be vocal in the dressing room that's the job of the manager and his staff . The captain is the leader on the pitch and that's when he should be vocal and lead by example .
    Hall is probably our best defender BUT unless we do a deal with him,he will not be our player come May.How do you know he is not vocal in the dressing room?That's your assumption.The manager obviously knows them all and Rathbone got the nod.Leave it to Matty.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Hall is probably our best defender BUT unless we do a deal with him,he will not be our player come May.How do you know he is not vocal in the dressing room?That's your assumption.The manager obviously knows them all and Rathbone got the nod.Leave it to Matty.
    Excuse me but where have I said he's not vocal in the dressing room ?? I think you need to read my post again and unlike some on here I don't just assume things without evidence

Quote Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
    Excuse me but where have I said he's not vocal in the dressing room ?? I think you need to read my post again and unlike some on here I don't just assume things without evidence
    Sorry redhouse I meant to direct my reply to cayton,not to you.I agree with your comment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast