+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Asghar interview

For me, he has been pretty clear. If we are to take him at his word, the recruitment team have made a mess of things...it's as simple as that. We now have to get behind the team and get ourselves out of trouble...and then empty the recruitment team at the end of the season...in fact, we should empty them now as they serve no purpose at the moment. If we need wages freed up, there is a simple saving! For someone that was a football agent TA doesn't appear to have much of a clue about how signing players work! I think if you look at the fact that we couldn't get the Zander Clark deal over the line, I think we are negotiating ourselves out of deals!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    For me, he has been pretty clear. If we are to take him at his word, the recruitment team have made a mess of things...it's as simple as that. We now have to get behind the team and get ourselves out of trouble...and then empty the recruitment team at the end of the season...in fact, we should empty them now as they serve no purpose at the moment. If we need wages freed up, there is a simple saving! For someone that was a football agent TA doesn't appear to have much of a clue about how signing players work! I think if you look at the fact that we couldn't get the Zander Clark deal over the line, I think we are negotiating ourselves out of deals!
    We didn't want to get Zander Clark over the line imo. We signed Birighitti in the hope he'd make the Aussie world cup squad and therefor get the bonus money from that but that backfired. We probably spunked the available funds for the Zander Clark offer of a contract on the Harkes 1 Yr deal......its how we roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    We didn't want to get Zander Clark over the line imo. We signed Birighitti in the hope he'd make the Aussie world cup squad and therefor get the bonus money from that but that backfired. We probably spunked the available funds for the Zander Clark offer of a contract on the Harkes 1 Yr deal......its how we roll.
    We did. The rumours at the time are true. The deal was agreed then McNafortune f*cked us over and we pulled the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Trying to sign players we cant afford is the bit I just can't fathom out. Are we seriously only going for players like McGrath, Levitt & Fletcher? What happened to the days of signing gems like Conway, Robertson, Gomis etc. Boys that would come for a penny and go on to genuinely play their hearts out on the pitch.

Update from the Foundation tonight, will share it below for anyone not a member.

View this email in your browser
    DUNDEE UNITED SUPPORTERS' FOUNDATION MEMBER UPDATE
    No 128

Celebrate our past ,
    ensure our future
    Member Update
    8th February 2023

Winter Of Discontent

Seasonal depression, the experts tell us, typically peaks during the months of January and February. For Dundee United fans that has certainly rung true for 2023 so far. Since that encouraging victory at Perth on January 2nd, a run of five games has seen us collect only 1 point from the 15 on offer. Sure, we did face Celtic and Rangers during that period, and were very unfortunate to return from both games in the capital city with only one point, but that barren spell has seen us drop to the bottom of the table.

However, it was events off the park, or rather lack of them, that has seen Arabs vent their concerns. The January transfer window came and went with only one addition to the squad, and with so many loan signings departing the Club, there is little doubt we ended the month of January weaker than we started it. The coaching and football management staff at the Club seem optimistic that we have enough quality and strength in depth to get us out of this situation. We fervently hope that is the case, but you can fully understand the angst and concern of many fans who still have nightmares when recalling the 2015-16 campaign which led to four seasons in the Championship.

We, at DUSF deliberately do not comment publicly during periods like this with so many opinions being shared on social media platforms. With a membership of 2,000 plus it would be impossible to reflect so many differing views, many of which can be voiced in the heat of the moment. However, we have been contacted directly by several members articulating their concerns, and we do feel a responsibility to share these with the Club's management.

That is why we wrote to the Chairman and the Club Executive to request a meeting to discuss members' concerns following recent events.
    Coincidentally, the first Dundee United Supporters' Group (DUSG) meeting of the year takes place on 23rd February with Chairman Mark Ogren in attendance, and we have since received a response from the Club suggesting we use that forum to raise these concerns. That seems a sensible approach as we are sure the other fans' group will be equally anxious about our current league position.

Football being football though, there is always the next game, and there is a run of fixtures coming up that gives us a great opportunity to climb the table and lighten the mood.

Finally, a word once again on your great support of the team. Season ticket sales recently surpassed 6,000 for the first time, and your backing has not faltered all season. One of the Scottish national newspapers commented after the Hearts game at Tynecastle, that 'the backing and support of the visiting crowd was evident and despite their irritation it was not having a negative influence on the field'.

For sure, the team will need us right behind them for the rest of the season, and that was one of the reasons that we decided to try and help fill The Shed, for what will be a very important game, v St Johnstone on 18th February

TA really hacked me off when he stated that “I hurt just as much as they do." He isn't one of us, he is an employee of the club with no previous connection to United . When his time is up he will go without a backward glance. There is no way he has the same passion as the fans and there is no way he hurts as much as we do when things aren't going well. Phucking bull$hitting gob on legs.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Do you think the owner only saves his difficult questions for when he visits? I'd imagine there is communication between the owner and the club regularly and questions will get asked on the daily/weekly.

You never read my post properly mate,i clearly said the owner was asking questions FROM the USA regarding slow ticket sales for a match last season.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I also don't think it's laughable that he's concerned banners and protests might affect the players. I said as much last week and a few other posters said the same. I'd rather any protests were done at a time when the players aren't bottom of the league and fighting for their lives. They need our full, 100% backing at games right now
    Well we will just have to agree to disagree,he is concerned about banners and protests because they are aimed at him,any player who's performance is affected by a bed sheet with Asghar out on it should consider a career change.I would suggest it probably amused them more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    You never read my post properly mate,i clearly said the owner was asking questions FROM the USA regarding slow ticket sales for a match last season.
    Fair enough, you did say he'd been in touch to ask a question. I doubt he got in touch just to ask that question, but that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Well we will just have to agree to disagree,he is concerned about banners and protests because they are aimed at him,any player who's performance is affected by a bed sheet with Asghar out on it should consider a career change.I would suggest it probably amused them more than anything else.
    The fact it fell onto the bottom tier after five minutes and was unretrievable possibly did give them a laugh, or maybe it helped them put in a stinker of a performance? Who knows. Fan protests can affect player confidence imo. Maybe not a p!sh stained banner, but if it becomes more regular, and the atmosphere becomes a bit toxic, definitely. That's more what I was getting at than a single banner.

Our support has been magnificent so far this season and was magnificent even with the bed sheet out! The players are being well supported by the fans. That needs to keep happening. I think we are like a married couple heading towards divorce..let's try and keep it nice at the moment for the sake of the kids but as soon as they are old enough...we are going to get things sorted out!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)