+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Asghar interview

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    FWIW, I tend to agree but there are things it wouldn't make sense to make public. Doing so may detriment the club.
    I concur T. The Club must be circumspect about certain matters which would be better not to be in the public domain, however blanket silence covering most issues just leads to alienation, speculation and suspicion.

The disclosure that TA's flatulence touches MO's odofactory senses like a pleasant floral fragrance, is surely something that should have been withheld? Now people will be wondering what specific fare that TA indulges in that he can produce such a product which will be much sought after by those involved in the perfumery trade?

I’m going to go against the grain here.

I do feel club is going in right direction under Ogrens and Tony. The Jack Ross episode has basically sunk this season. They didn’t overspend because we are bottom and are hoping the team can turn it around.

We should actually get clear. We lost late goals v hearts (home) and Hibs (away) and we have just had a tough run of fixtures.

This team is good enough we just need some wins over next few matches.

Everyone is hurting but we need to pull together now and support the team.

I was one of the biggest critics during the ST disaster but this is very different and I supportive the current regime. More than anything I support the team and we need to get some wins over these next few matches

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I’m going to go against the grain here.

I do feel club is going in right direction under Ogrens and Tony. The Jack Ross episode has basically sunk this season. They didn’t overspend because we are bottom and are hoping the team can turn it around.
    I would agree with that up until this season. I defended him previously. TBH he is very guilty of listening to fans in bringing in Jack Ross which has played a part in how bad we have been when in hindsight it was a bad idea.

The recruitment has been so bad this season that I have completely changed my mind on him, and i dont mean the players who haven't been great like the keepers, levitt etc but im more worried about the fact we completely ignored our need for certain types of players (goalscorer, cdm) not just in one window but the follow up in January. That for me is unforgivable because i dont believe there were no options at all

As I understand it we didn't have any money to spend so we didn't.
    So where did his "we hit the bar with a couple " come from Terry? Unless he is talking about the Heggie Lounge, he is stating that the club missed out on trying to get a few players in.

I tend to agree with you, that we are skint and were never gonna bring in many players, so why say that we just lost out on some???

And as for making it blatantly obvious that a good few teams even outwith the ither twa can outbid us, that was no news to us, it's been happening for a good while now.

Seems like MO has pulled the plug on free cash, and might be having a good think about things. (don't blame him)

Still think we are good enough to stay up, but the fixtures coming up, if not approached properly will tell their own story.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    ...and the blame lies soley at the feet of the recruitment team and TA!
    Not really. If the financial boffins at the club say no spending and have the backing of the owner then that's that.

He says, "Look at other teams in Scotland they were all struggling to sign strikers."

ST FN Mirren got one over the line OURS,

Celtic got one.

Ross County got THREE in

Aberdeen got one in.

Hearts got one in.

Hibs got one in.

Killie got one in.

Motherwell got THREE in.

ST Johnstone got one in.

Get your FN FACTS right Tony and have a sit down with a real reporter asking you questions he sets rather than answering your own you give to DUTV beforehand.

He also said that Fox had NEVER managed before.He was sacked by Cowdenbeath when they sat BOTTOM of league 2 in March 2017.

No mention of who was culpable for the Lewis Neilson schitshow either funnily enough. The 300-350k we would have been automatically due had things been done correctly, could have been used to get a couple of players in in January. Who knows - it may ultimately prove to be the straw that breaks the camel’s back and sends us doon……………..

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    There's isn't anything he can say as people have made their mind up and he is the devil incarnate for some

Personally don't really know what he has done specifically that is so bad, he has made mistakes no doubt but the hate he gets is crazy

Hopefully fans concentrate on backing the team and not focus on him so much for now, we are good enough to get out the position we are in
    I've never given him any hate, but this position we find ourselves in is totally of his making. January windows are usually shyte but this one was an absolute disgrace especially after crowing about record season ticket sales. Its almost on a level with the Tim two. If we go down as a result it will surpass that in my eyes.

One of our best players is probably stretching things but we are missing him right now.

Not a stretch to say he was in good form after his return to the starting line up after the world cup and positively impacted the team and results though, so he is being missed right now especially with the other injuries followed in that position

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)