+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok, maybe not the ideal time to raise the subject, but is this acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    WTF,

thanks for the clarification on taxes. Totally different issue if the fans and supporters pay the freight.

we, of course, here in the "land of the free and home of the brave" pay 2-3% extra for every food, drink and entertainment item we buy in the city, along with taxes from the state and local governments to fund our stadiums. These are just getting bigger and bigger in dollar outlays since it's someone else's money.

This is also one of the big negatives of no relegation/promotion system. since the owners know they have team in the the top flight for life they can demand more and more or threaten to move the team.

Org's apologies to you on the Pats. I know that the owner actually funded his teams stadium.
    To be fair, The Pats are annoying to the rest of the NFL for lots of other reasons though!

At least six...

(I did briefly consider following Buffalo until I realised just how damn far away from me they are).

Not the worst team to watch now though!

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Does it matter? Bates buggered us for years with regards to the stadium and any owner would be stupid to put millions into redevelopment until we are stable in the PL.

Yes it needs upgrading, definitely needs a bigger capacity but time will come for that and hopefully it is next season
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Does it matter? Bates buggered us for years with regards to the stadium and any owner would be stupid to put millions into redevelopment until we are stable in the PL.

Yes it needs upgrading, definitely needs a bigger capacity but time will come for that and hopefully it is next season
    Exactly.
    When we get the new stadium or redevelopment we will have people moaning that the atmosphere has changed etc...

So Radz company Greenfield Investment Ltd own ER & our majority shareholder is leasing ER to the club until June 2032 - but was still charging no rent at last season end - so developing not really an option presently.

Future outright owners 49ers will have to dig deep to give Radz his original purchase price of £20 million back & then modernise or stump up the dosh to rent it off him.
    (Now over 22,000 currently on ER Season ticket waiting list, Mum tells me.)

As for overall value & comfort then Liverpool best stadia in England I've been to, then Villa & even WBA have merits - all great safe days out offering good facilities & seats with decent atmospheres. Older stadia like Palace & Fulham, traditional, quirky but good as well, dated but worth the visit.

Sunderland was/is an awful soulless stadia to visit, sited next to the Wear river with lousy segregation in the 'visitor' lower away section & covered in netting to stop small items such as coins hitting fans from both sides & above, doubt its changed much.

Forest ground provides a scary walk to ground from city centre rail station, dodgy body searches from male stewards & no space in refreshment areas with the loos shoved into a corner with home fans 'giving it large' when you use them close by behind railings otherwise the only plus would be the actual seats & legroom offers twice more space than at ER - but who cares as everyone stands up nowadays.

Explanation - regarding ER stalled planned expansion given Nov 2022.

https://biz.crast.net/elland-road-ex...econstruction/

Well it's certainly better than when I first went. Shale banking and railway sleepers and a certain Major Frank Buckley was manager!

It was certainly crumbling in the 1980s which sort of added to the feeling of malaise and decline in those times.

The uncovered away section was hilarious when the weather wasn’t so good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)