+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T RIP Burt Bacharach

O/T RIP Burt Bacharach

Along with Hal David one of the most successful and prolific song writers , especially the 60s and 70s but also right up to the end of his life
    RIP Burt
    Last edited by LincsMiller; 09-02-2023 at 06:09 PM.

RIP Burt

Saw him in concert at a jazz club in Seattle about 4 years ago. He was looking frail then but still put on a wonderful show with the help of a great band and 3 singers. At least two and a half hours of endless memories of great hit songs.

R I P one of the great songwriters Close to you I'll never fall in love again The look of love This guys in love with you just 4 of his many songs that will be remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    RIP Burt

Saw him in concert at a jazz club in Seattle about 4 years ago. He was looking frail then but still put on a wonderful show with the help of a great band and 3 singers. At least two and a half hours of endless memories of great hit songs.
    So true Cam. We have seen him a few times, last time in Manchester a few years ago, and the class of the man, on a freezing cold night he still came out back of the theatre to sign autographs for a considerable amount of fans.

RIP Burt,class act.

Music Maestro, One of the Best.

RIP Burt

Phenomenal music writer, certainly up there with the best, far too many songs to mention but I bet we could all relate to something he wrote.

RIP Sir rest well. A great 94 years of age.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    R I P one of the great songwriters Close to you I'll never fall in love again The look of love This guys in love with you just 4 of his many songs that will be remembered.

Baby it's you he wrote got that by the Beatles love. Raindrops keep falling on my head another classic.

Worth noting his collaborations with Hal David, who was the lyricist for many of the hits mentioned in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Worth noting his collaborations with Hal David, who was the lyricist for many of the hits mentioned in this thread
    I did mention him in my opening post Grist. You are right though ,Hal Davids lyrics were hugely important for Bacharach's songwriting skills.