+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ot capital punishment again.

If we were to have a referendum and the majority voted for it to return would the current government ( or future governments) ignore it?

Ian Huntley
    Peter Sutcliffe
    Roy Whiting

3 examples which I would be happy to pull the trigger for these kind of crimes yes bring back the death penalty.

Yes and add the rapist copper to the list. I used to drive past the spot where Sarah was found on my way to work. It haunted me for years. How can anyone even feed that animal?

My Daughter-in-law & Grand-daughter were both in the Manchester Arena bombing,
    thankfully they came out of it, but the trauma has never left them.

To me bring back the death penalty, Mr Pierrepoint did not take prisoners.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    My Daughter-in-law & Grand-daughter were both in the Manchester Arena bombing,
    thankfully they came out of it, but the trauma has never left them.

To me bring back the death penalty, Mr Pierrepoint did not take prisoners.
    Not sure if you’ve seen any interviews with Shemima Begum but she claims that event and sad outcome was warranted because of of the deaths of others in conflicts around the world.
    Tit for tat, like for like, an eye for an eye.

She also claims that she’s not a threat to British citizens. I would imagine the survivors and the families of those not so fortunate might disagree

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Not sure if you’ve seen any interviews with Shemima Begum but she claims that event and sad outcome was warranted because of of the deaths of others in conflicts around the world.
    Tit for tat, like for like, an eye for an eye.

She also claims that she’s not a threat to British citizens. I would imagine the survivors and the families of those not so fortunate might disagree

Automatic execution on the spot for the smallest crime - SS style. That way all crime would be history within weeks - save shed loads of money and rid the world of all the ***** who don't want to take responsibility for themselves or consider others

bring it on...

...however...

Looking at executioners over the years, I found something I did not know.

The last executioner in the U/K was Harry Bernard Allen, who officiated between 1941-1964
    Allen was born in Denaby Main, West Riding of Yorkshire on the 5th November 1911

I had heard of him, but not where he was from.
    I always remember people using slang, using Harry Allen in it.

Will the U/K bring back the death penalty, I doubt it after -

The U/K signed up to the European Convention on Human Rights, which prohibits the
    restoration of the death penalty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12