+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ot capital punishment again.

Ot capital punishment again.

MP has his opinion, everyone kicks off.
    I personally agree with him. We all have our thoughts.
    If you are hung, you won't do it again.

Banished as an idea of any genuine debate, thankfully.

Rather let a million murderers sit in prison than allow one innocent person to be killed.

Each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Banished as an idea of any genuine debate, thankfully.

Rather let a million murderers sit in prison than allow one innocent person to be killed.

Each to their own.
    They were talking about it in cases where there is no doubt about guilt, like when it's on camera like the Lee Rigby killing.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    They were talking about it in cases where there is no doubt about guilt, like when it's on camera like the Lee Rigby killing.
    I get that but where do you draw the line in terms of 'no doubt about guilt'?. Not in the Lee Rigby case itself but there are many cases where people confess to crimes, cases where people are framed etc etc.

Personally, I don't see the value in risking an irreversible miscarriage of justice in order to be able to execute some people.

And those that there is absolutely no doubt about, like the Rigby case, my gut doesn't sit right with it as an answer. That's just me and everyone feels different, fair enough. Would I feel different if someone killed a loved one of mine? Maybe. Idk.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    The Lee rugby killers tried to martyr themselves at the scene. They want death as part of their whole act.
    Life in prison is a worse punishment for them.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    That's just me and everyone feels different, fair enough. Would I feel different if someone killed a loved one of mine? Maybe. Idk.
    Let's hope that you never find out, but I'm sure that you would.

Depending on the crime and if they are 100% sure they’re guilty and shoot the ****ers

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    The Lee rugby killers tried to martyr themselves at the scene. They want death as part of their whole act.
    Life in prison is a worse punishment for them.
    Costs a lot of money to house and feed two people for life, not to mention medical bills.

It wouldn’t be too bad if life actually meant life , but it usually means around twelve years. Capital punishment for certain crimes.

They're all guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. That's how the system works. And yet many mistakes are made.

So who goes beyond the court system and decides who really, really, really did it and can be executed?

Even if you overcome that problem, which you won't, it still leaves the fact that the death penalty is rarely a deterant, and certainly not in the cases where most would like to see it implemented.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast