+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Positives from today

Oi!! This is the positives thread Gerroff with ya discussion. . 🤬🤬

😁

Biggest positive for me was besides us dropping two points those around us didn't do to well either.

We just need Leeds to upset Manure to round off the weekend with style.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 11-02-2023 at 11:01 PM.

Now 2 points ahead of 5th place with a game in hand instead of 1 pt ahead with a game in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Now 2 points ahead of 5th place with a game in hand instead of 1 pt ahead with a game in hand.
    Positives:

Spurs got absolutely stuffed by Leicester 4-1. That's a humiliating hammering!

Pundits are embarrassing themselves spouting all their "The big boys are hit their stride. Newcastle ain't got the legs, they're showing their true colours not a top four side" nonsense.

We are closer to City in 2nd (4points back) than Brighton in 6th (6points in front).

Only lost once all season, best defensive record in the EUROPE.

Botman is undefeated in the league. We have defender who has never lost a match this season. Can people comprehend that?

Despite having our worldie midfielder suspended. Our game winning left winger is still not firing on all cylinders however he will find his form.

Anthony Gordon got more minutes.

Isak is learning the style of play and we will evolve with Gordon & the big Swede getting better.

It was interesting to see Miggy, Isak & ASM on the pitch at the same time.

That's my 10 bobs worth.

Positives ?

One less game before Bruno is back.

Shocking performance really.

No intensity at all.

Burn at left back is a liability. He's performed admirably but its just not his position. Isak doesn't look like he can lead the line and will likely be better as a wide forward. Almiron is no longer a threat (despite scoring).

I love them both but i have lost patience with the constant injuries of ASM and Wilson.

Howe has a problem right now. I think we need to change things up a bit. We are flat and predictable.

Manu clear favourites for the cup now.

The whole point of the 'positives' thread is so that, on the back of a poor result or performance, we don't lose sight of where we are in the greater scheme of things.

No problem with criticizing the team or players (I get TT's point on the ASM thread-we are here for discussion and different points of view) and there are plenty of negatives around from the last few weeks but, well....this is the thread for the positives. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    The whole point of the 'positives' thread is so that, on the back of a poor result or performance, we don't lose sight of where we are in the greater scheme of things.

No problem with criticizing the team or players (I get TT's point on the ASM thread-we are here for discussion and different points of view) and there are plenty of negatives around from the last few weeks but, well....this is the thread for the positives. 🙂
    Haha fair point.

One positive is that these continued poor performances are bringing my expectations back in line with reality. Most of my frustrations stem from our early season overachieving.

Best I can do.

Oh also, bonus positive, something about our kit makes Gordon look less annoying. He looked a little lost last night but i have high hopes for the lad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)