+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allan Saint-Maximin

Allan Saint-Maximin

If you have seen my previous posts you will know I don’t have time for him
    But really how many times has he gone off like today with an injury that looks like it will keep him out of the team for weeks and his is back next game
    I understand that he is going to be ok for next week ( what a surprise)

I thought he tried today and ran at them. He needs games and I'd be happy to see him start.

Other than Bruno, who else is there to create chances?

Was I watching a different game he created nothing and time after time lost the ball with a bad pass or it was taken away from him . on a number of times he lost the ball and put us under pressure and didn’t track back to the point on two occasions the ball came back to him and he was offside

The equaliser wouldn't have happened without him. It was good work to.set up Longstaff and Miggy finished off the rebound well

Quote Originally Posted by 5under1and View Post
    Was I watching a different game he created nothing and time after time lost the ball with a bad pass or it was taken away from him . on a number of times he lost the ball and put us under pressure and didn’t track back to the point on two occasions the ball came back to him and he was offside
    I'm not saying he had a good game. But, we know what he's capable of, he was the only spark going forward and, as Mick says, he created the goal.

What does creating posts getting on players' backs achieve? He's going through a tough time at the moment, as are the team-they need our support, not folk turning on him.

Almost everyone on the team bar Pope created more than ASM today. This is a message board for posting opinions, including commenting on player’s performances.
    He’ll no doubt praise the performance but you could see on Eddie’s face at the end that he was well less than happy with that.

This version of Saint Maximin is what 75 percent of the fanbase wanted. Someone who will track back more than going forward. This version of him can fùck off. Give me the version of the previous 2 seasons and the one who ran Man City ragged in August.
    Dalglish all them years ago wanted players to track back and its all we heard out of his gob. We all know what he did to the team we had then don't we.
    Players like Maxi can win you games. No wonder he is unhappy and looks like he can't be arsèd. He is asked to do things he isn't used to. I want him going the other way, not trying to defend. You wouldn't put Pope or Botman centre forward would you. So why does Maxi have to play like a LB ?

It’d be interesting to see how well Miggy would’ve done this season without Trippier behind him. I noticed that Maxi swapped to the right a couple of times during the second half and seemed to do better.
    I think he’s just off form at the moment and I don’t think he’d be starting if Bruno wasn’t suspended.
    Our left side is weaker but with Targett on the way back, Maxi coming back to form and Gordon finding his feet, the future looks bright.

Quote Originally Posted by 5under1and View Post
    Nothing apart from being the driving force that created the equaliser you mean?

Kept the ball in.
    Got back up and picked the ball up off Gordon, drove in and played a sublime ball in to Longstaff, and Miggy picked up the rebound of that.

That was the one clear chance we had.

All our play is down the right and every man and his dog knows it. ASM was left on his todd far too much as we kept trying to play down the right and running into organised defence.

If anything we need to be involving him more, because even with him hardly being brought into play HE made the difference going forward today.

He was instrumental in the goal, as were Big Joe and Longstaff. He was also knocked off the ball and gave the ball away on a number of occasions which was very frustrating.
    I think he’d be coming on off the bench if Bruno wasn’t suspended and that’s where he should be until (and to help him best) find his form.
    I can’t wait to see him firing again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)