+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's next?

Who's next?

Let's start the list. In no particular order Coyle, Lambert, Goodwin, Ross, Kettlewell, Davies, Lennon, Hughes, Valakari. That starter list could be way off the mark.

Let me add that I do not envy the responsibility that lies on those who have to make the final choice. Whether they get it right or wrong let's accept that will be doing their best to find the best candidate.

Suggestion - Subject to confidentiality guarantees, pick a random member of the Well Society to be invited to sit in on the decision making process.

That's an excellent idea and you should pass that up the chain.

Coyle is a non-starter as we're not going to buy him out of Queen's Park and I'd be surprised if we go back to Simo now even if he has get out clauses with his new club.

Lennon is apparently out the question for tax reasons and Davies also well out the game. I don't see us risking the fan reaction to Hughes either.

If Lambert is genuinely interested I think it'd be hard to turn him down. I'd take Goodwin in summer, I dunno if pitching up three weeks after being humiliated is ideal for either party...just a feeling.

Ross clearly did brilliantly at St Mirren but it's getting to the stage where you ask if that was a fluke given what's followed...and after bus car crash at United, you ness to ask if he's the guy to galvanise what we have immediately.

I would grudgingly break one of my usual rules to welcome Craig Levein too should he be interested.

With relegation looming would any of names mentioned be interested ?
    Unless we can survive, Jim Goodwin or Jack Ross would be ideal summer signing.
    I doubt Lambert a serious contender.

Afraid it’s Kettlewell until our fate decided and think he’ll be offered job permanently as he’s within out budget.

Who knows...but whoever takes over now is basically absolved of blame if we go down and a hero if we stay up. Someone will fancy the odds.

Stevie Evans, Scott Brown, Derek Adams the list could go on and on.The board have to set definite parameters for the type of manager and experience they are looking for and stick to them. No use bring in a cheap option or someone previously connected to the club just to appease the fans. We are not in the position as a club where we can afford to make another managerial mistake.

Doesn’t bode to well for us when Kettlewell thinks we are away from home on Wednesday night

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    Stevie Evans, Scott Brown, Derek Adams the list could go on and on.The board have to set definite parameters for the type of manager and experience they are looking for and stick to them. No use bring in a cheap option or someone previously connected to the club just to appease the fans. We are not in the position as a club where we can afford to make another managerial mistake.
    Scott Brown? Er ... NO Tex

No idea who is actually available, rather than names being bandied about. My only contribution will be the absolute necessity to get someone in with experience, preferably in the SPL. No more "left field" or "promising, but untried" appointments. Even if it means something as nail-biting as having to go through a play-off, right now, staying up is all that matters, so you need someone who will literally light a fuse under each player, whatever the eventual outcome.

Another our budget and with experience is Ian McCall now parted company Partick Thistle. Old school and knowledge the Championship we're about to drop.

I would take Ian McCall, we could do a lot worse.

My preferred choice would be Craig Levein but I don’t see him being interested.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)