+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Loan players

T/w should have been a weapon for us. St mirren have stated his fitness levels need improving. So if that is the case what have Utd been doing with him and makes you wonder what are they then doing with the rest of the team?. My worry now is we don't have cover if anyone gets injured up front. If tony was not fit enough why did Utd no sort him out. He is meant to be a pro and as such should have been eating right and training right. Surely he was getting monitored.? Macleod may be a player given time but he is out of his depth at the moment imo. To throw him in at the moment is wrong. If we were mid table and points not so many important id play him as we have but points are so important.
    This weekend I hope to see an improved performance but will it be enough

Tony watt was poor but he could still be a game changer, very good of the club to put his wishes for first team football before the interests of us staying up. To let him go is fine, to not replace him leaves us threadbare. A 17 year old that could turn out to be the next Johnny Russell or just as likely next Logan Chalmers, but looks miles off first team football at the moment, and a Ugandan kid the manager doesn't seem to rate.

It sounds to me like Watt isn't the most professional of players. Any full time player (who isn't injured) that gets out of shape, especially with the facilities on offer with us is a disgrace. Sounds like we are right to get rid of him.

Yip..heard from a decent source that he was not a great player to have around the dressing room. Sometimes things don't work out with certain players at certain clubs and unfortunately, he was a bad fit for us. Absolutely criminal not replacing him though!

Did someone not say he was spotted with a Greggs bag after training one day?

Fox has always said, players are picked based on what he sees during training. If Watt isn't pulling his weight, it would explain why he wasn't in the team.

To be fair, St Mirren world probably say it's a tough weight to pull!

You only had to watch Watt when the team was warming up before a match, or exercising at half-time. If he wasn't in the starting line-up, he behaved like a petulant child. When the coach was shouting out instructions and the rest of the players were doing sprint bursts, header leaps etc etc. He was sauntering about, doing the very least he could. Then he would go get a ball when no other player had one, and started playing keepy-uppy while the guys were still following training instructions. It was hard to watch, total disregard for the fans, his team mates and the coaching staff.

I was hoping his streetwise attitude might rub off on some of the tamer players and get them to stand up to other teams players, but all it seems to have done was alienate him from most at the club.

#gladhesgone

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    You only had to watch Watt when the team was warming up before a match, or exercising at half-time. If he wasn't in the starting line-up, he behaved like a petulant child. When the coach was shouting out instructions and the rest of the players were doing sprint bursts, header leaps etc etc. He was sauntering about, doing the very least he could. Then he would go get a ball when no other player had one, and started playing keepy-uppy while the guys were still following training instructions. It was hard to watch, total disregard for the fans, his team mates and the coaching staff.

#gladhesgone
    Alll very true. Sometime guys like this are better off away from the club. The fact we didn't replace him however, is absolute nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post

I was hoping his streetwise attitude might rub off on some of the tamer players and get them to stand up to other teams players, but all it seems to have done was alienate him from most at the club.

#gladhesgone
    Reminds me of Coll Donaldson. Why is it though United are prepared to throw big money at Watt plus a sizeable transfer fee? Due diligence? Let's sign the top scorer in the league........................ Who then disrupts this squad with his pal Charlie who gets made a coach in the process. I hope they repay you when if we get the dreaded drop, Tony, I seriously do because your incompetence has gone a long way to putting United where they currently are.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It sounds to me like Watt isn't the most professional of players. Any full time player (who isn't injured) that gets out of shape, especially with the facilities on offer with us is a disgrace. Sounds like we are right to get rid of him.
    To train everyday and still be out of shape says to me that he’s scoffing/drinking garbage in his own time. Just have to look at the amount of clubs he’s been at to know it wasn’t a United problem. Probably end up as a pundit talking pish in the next five years on BT.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)