+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mulumby and Griffiths

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Yes, Griffiths did get a hand to it, but it wasn’t a ‘howler’ and I think that it’s a bit harsh to criticise him to such a degree. Let’s give the lad a chance and judge him after a few more performances.
    I seen him last night & didn't in stall a lot of comfedence in me the defence seemed frightened to death although he didn't have a great deal to do , & he holds that ball at his feet & let's forwards get really close a dangerous game to play , obviously needs another chance but he don't cut it for me ,

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    I seen him last night & didn't in stall a lot of comfedence in me the defence seemed frightened to death although he didn't have a great deal to do , & he holds that ball at his feet & let's forwards get really close a dangerous game to play , obviously needs another chance but he don't cut it for me ,

100% agree Jonny! Was not rated at Portsmouth. I have seen last nights goal time and time again. It’s like he had a limb wrist and any decent keeper would have saved that. Harsh - no way as it should have been saved!

You are right about the ball at his feet - he will be caught out as happened a few times!!

I personally would bring in a loan keeper as Watford and Boro will create a lot of chances!

I think some are being a bit harsh on Josh Griffiths, he has played one match for us and is being criticised for not stopping a rocket of a free kick from a very good player, taken from the perfect position. Ben Foster did not stop everything. We need the lad to come good, get behind him with support, as we should also do for David Button if he comes back into the team. The team needs all the support that we can give them if we want them to have a chance of the playoffs. COYB

FOL

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I think some are being a bit harsh on Josh Griffiths, he has played one match for us and is being criticised for not stopping a rocket of a free kick from a very good player, taken from the perfect position. Ben Foster did not stop everything. We need the lad to come good, get behind him with support, as we should also do for David Button if he comes back into the team. The team needs all the support that we can give them if we want them to have a chance of the playoffs. COYB

FOL
    I agree Kets.

Can you imagine being this lad or his family and then hearing and reading such criticism after his debut FFS?

If our own kids turned up for the first day at a new job and had Uncle Tom Cobley and all on their case we’d want to go down to their work establishment and slap some sense into people.

I’m all for kicking wasters like Grant and Zohorre but not a lad making his debut.

That was his first game in first team.
    Some harsh comments here for the young lad.

I think we need to step back a bit for a minute.

Carlos has stated that he will stand by Josh for the next few games. This is good news and can only help the young kid's confidence. He can only improve with more games at this level whilst Button can only go the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Carlos has stated that he will stand by Josh for the next few games. This is good news and can only help the young kid's confidence. He can only improve with more games at this level whilst Button can only go the other way.
    I think that has to be commended by Carlos. This is a young man with very little experience in the first team and only 21ish years old. These two young keepers need encouragement at this stage in their careers.
    This is a great sign for the future that the coach is prepared to make the big calls when needed..

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    I’m pleased to hear this Tip.

Other than a decent out of contract keeper being brought in this is the right option.

I’ll always go for a homegrown youngster in preference to an ageing journeyman who’s never really been a number one and who keeps to the standard of Stevie Wonder.

If he lets a goal through his legs against Watford or keeps the ball at his feet too long as was clear the other night - don’t worry he’s only a young lad.

Likewise the young kid just started in our warehouse - if he puts the wrong items in numerous customer boxes then nobody should get on his back despite the huge cost to the business. After all he’s only a young lad!

Let’s all lay off Daryl Dike too - like Griffiths he’s a young lad and only a year older. If he misses a few chances each games then he should be fully supported like Griffiths as he’s still fairly new to English football.

So if Dike misses a header against Watford that Mitrovic would have buried - let’s all shout encouragement to the young boy!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)