+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leaderless and rudderless

Tired, very, very, VERY tired, of events proving what I've been warning of as the truth.

1. Radrizzani ISN'T some kind of messiah, he's a TV rights merchant who thought he knew what running a successful Premiership football club is all about, he doesn't

2. Orta isn't in any way shape or form a "Director of Football", he's another wide boy chancing his arm with other peoples money and failing miserably to do more than wasting vast amounts on players of dubious quality

3. The 49-ers are the spectre at the feast, casting a baleful influence over the "exec" who are clearly awestruck to be in such "esteemed" company, despite the fact that they (the 49-ers) know as much about Premiership football as I do about brain surgery. They, more than all the others mentioned bear most responsibility for this seasons collapse.

4. Marsch should never have been hired and the only reason he was relates to the 49-ers. He was, and is, out of his depth in any really competitive professional league, Hockaday had more integrity and ability.

5. The majority of the £150m spent since last August has been a complete and utter waste of club/owner resources. We have all seen that there are a (very) small number of new recruits that have shown promise (not star quality, promise), with the majority no better than those they were supposed to replace, and the majority a step backwards, and why? I refer you to point (3). I was joking when I said that the main selection criteria for new players was 1. Yank? 2. Coached by Marsh? 3. Played in a Red Bull team of some sort? but look at what we have, and tell me those criteria haven't been applied, and why would we be surprised at the results?

6. Decision making regarding the coach......non-existent, hardly surprising given the incompetent, imbecilic traits of those who are supposed to look after the best interests of LUFC. Trained apes would do a better job, and cost much less.

And if those in positions of power at LUFC take umbrage at being (unfavourably) compared to trained apes, I'm happy to have a chat with them to illustrate why I'm being kind in providing that comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    hopefully we can all now dispense with the moronic idea that a five-a-side coach will suffice. 1 point from 9 post Marsh.

he should have gone during the world cup, and its been plain to see from that moment on that we are going down.

Not arsed really as the prem is not all that.

Harrison was a disgrace to the shirt today. the rest were not much better.
    Not sure anyone was particularly enamoured of Skubala coaching the 1st team more a "Best of a bad bunch" option, but to suggest he's a "five-a-side" coach is both unkind and inaccurate, the youth teams haven't been anywhere near as ineffective as the 1st team. That having been said, I imagine there would have been others who would have been interested had our highly paid executives exercised what little grey matter exists between their ears and NOT appointed Marsch in the first place and acquired a REAL replacement for Bielsa.

With you on the PL though (and said as much a couple of seasons ago), the PL creates monsters, and LUFC has suffered from that, without any of the more positive consequences of European competition, more TV coverage, etc etc etc. Strange that there are "lesser" clubs in the PL that survive, even prosper (Bournemouth might be having a hard season, but a club with a ground capacity of 11.5k!!!).

hopefully we can all now dispense with the moronic idea that a five-a-side coach will suffice. 1 point from 9 post Marsh.

he should have gone during the world cup, and its been plain to see from that moment on that we are going down.

Not arsed really as the prem is not all that.

Harrison was a disgrace to the shirt today. the rest were not much better.
    Harrison was fked over a couple of weeks so he doesn't care any more.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Tired, very, very, VERY tired, of events proving what I've been warning of as the truth.

1. Radrizzani ISN'T some kind of messiah, he's a TV rights merchant who thought he knew what running a successful Premiership football club is all about, he doesn't

2. Orta isn't in any way shape or form a "Director of Football", he's another wide boy chancing his arm with other peoples money and failing miserably to do more than wasting vast amounts on players of dubious quality

3. The 49-ers are the spectre at the feast, casting a baleful influence over the "exec" who are clearly awestruck to be in such "esteemed" company, despite the fact that they (the 49-ers) know as much about Premiership football as I do about brain surgery. They, more than all the others mentioned bear most responsibility for this seasons collapse.

4. Marsch should never have been hired and the only reason he was relates to the 49-ers. He was, and is, out of his depth in any really competitive professional league, Hockaday had more integrity and ability.

5. The majority of the £150m spent since last August has been a complete and utter waste of club/owner resources. We have all seen that there are a (very) small number of new recruits that have shown promise (not star quality, promise), with the majority no better than those they were supposed to replace, and the majority a step backwards, and why? I refer you to point (3). I was joking when I said that the main selection criteria for new players was 1. Yank? 2. Coached by Marsh? 3. Played in a Red Bull team of some sort? but look at what we have, and tell me those criteria haven't been applied, and why would we be surprised at the results?

6. Decision making regarding the coach......non-existent, hardly surprising given the incompetent, imbecilic traits of those who are supposed to look after the best interests of LUFC. Trained apes would do a better job, and cost much less.

And if those in positions of power at LUFC take umbrage at being (unfavourably) compared to trained apes, I'm happy to have a chat with them to illustrate why I'm being kind in providing that comparison.
    You've let me down. Can't believe you haven't mentioned the lb issue or the non replacement of allioski or Pablo. Or jka or the January signing of rubbishrutter who looks totally uninterested.
    In your defence, I suppose, where does the list end?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    You've let me down. Can't believe you haven't mentioned the lb issue or the non replacement of allioski or Pablo. Or jka or the January signing of rubbishrutter who looks totally uninterested.
    In your defence, I suppose, where does the list end?
    All known "factors" in the lead up to where we find ourselves, but true, things I could have mentioned but sought to spare others blushes by not doing so. I could wax lyrical about the waste of club resources, the manifest incompetence of those paid a kings ransom to safeguard both playing capability and managerial capability, but no, I "don't know anything about football", so sayeth others more wise than I, who know more about our path, about who we should trust to hold in their hands the destiny of this once hallowed football club.

Nonesense, we know where we are and what needs to be done, what we need are the resources (players) to do the job. They exist, they are ours, and despite recent results they ARE capable" You don't GET BAD, you just play that way! EVERY player in the 1st 11 is capable of first class performance, and if they don't believe that then f00k of somewhere else. Skubala needs to to instil in the squad strength, faith and above all else belief, play for the team, give all, accept nothing more than 100%, destroy the opposition

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Harrison was fked over a couple of weeks so he doesn't care any more.
    Said that then, and why would it have changed since? F00kwits at the helm of LUFC couldn't manage a pi55 up in the biggest brewery in the world.

Yes it’s not great at the moment but

We have a decent squad

Firpo had arguably his best game for us

Harrison is being played massively out of position and isn’t suited to it (so don’t play him there) - try something else - Gyabi/Perkins/mckennie

Ayling isn’t great at CB (again don’t play him there)

Sinisterra should be back soon as is more experienced and a goal threat

The fear of dropping into the bottom 3 is now a reality so deal with the reality without fear

Gnonto can’t do it on his one so don’t just rely on him

Orta must be living on borrowed time

Struijk and Roca should also be back soon

Skubes isn’t to blame but they need a manager or someone on a temporary basis with experience of steadying ships

Whatever miracle Bielsa worked on Bamford is broken and he is lacking confidence - that is the second air shot in 4 games - not good enough - he is a senior pro and needs to step up and shoulder responsibility pdq

It is now should be obvious to those who don’t rate him what Rodrigo brings to us - please god let him get fit soon

The sooner we adopt the two good players in each position principle the better

No matter how cr@p we are not sure the clubs around us are that much better.

on your plus points HO:

Firpo is ****.

Harrison is ****. Couldnt even make the simplest of passes even once.

Ayling is past it.

Struijk is ****. no matter FB or CB.

Bamford is **** (Sorry WTF, but not the player of 2 years ago)

Skubs.....no comment.

Easy to put names out there.
    Firpo is not as good a game as everyone thinks have another look.
    Meslier for all his greatness makes really bad mistakes and is terrible at highballs.
    Ayling has been one of our better players since The American left.
    Bamford has not had any decent service whatsoever.
    Gnonto runs all day and is a threat.
    Harrison has never been any good why they did;t take the money I'll never know.
    Pat is too slow to be anything special.
    Players were brought in and from an article, I have read the Manager was never in discussions about who to buy so all the work was done by Mr Orta.
    We bought in 2 mids and got rid of a mid that could go forward and score Klitch and left with the 2 defending mids.
    Spend so much in Jan and none has had any effect.
    Can go on and on but the final word is ORTA.
    Bielsa never bought in players because of the names Mr Orta was gigivng him.

on your plus points HO:

Firpo is ****.

Harrison is ****. Couldnt even make the simplest of passes even once.

Ayling is past it.

Struijk is ****. no matter FB or CB.

Bamford is **** (Sorry WTF, but not the player of 2 years ago)

Skubs.....no comment.
    Point on Harrison was he was so bad he can’t be played in the hole again surely.

Ayling is alreight at FB not CB

Struijk is a good CB he has just been messed around.

Let revisit soon and gloom after Soton. At the end of the day it’s only football irrespective of what Mr Shankly said

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)