+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: O/ T Rotherham District Hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    The sticking point is "free at the point of use", but that's what drives demand, from all over the world as well.
    Worth a read regarding NHS tourism .

https://keepournhspublic.com/health-...ct-vs-fiction/

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    No that's what's called our 'deductible'. The amount we have to pay before the coverage kicks in which for my insurance we are 100% covered after the deductible (some insurances cover at 50% some at 80% etc. and some have higher deductibles eg. $1K, $2K etc.) .

Monthly my employer don't charge me anything towards my insurance for me but I pay $67/month for Mrs. CA. My employer pay the insurance company $1,400/month.
    Wow, that's a lot to put on employers. Do all employers willingly buy into this for their employees and what happens if they don't? I imagine at the end of the day, they will balance it up with lowering the overall pay to the employee to compensate?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Wow, that's a lot to put on employers. Do all employers willingly buy into this for their employees and what happens if they don't? I imagine at the end of the day, they will balance it up with lowering the overall pay to the employee to compensate?
    Most do provide some form of coverage and how good that coverage is will often be a deciding factor in choosing who you work for (if you are lucky enough to be in a position to do so). At the tough end of the job market (retail stores, restaurant servers) just having an employer who provides 'some' health coverage is often seen as a 'perk'. What my employer provides is probably the main reason I've stayed there 6+ years and it will probably be my last job here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Wife went for a colonoscopy last Sunday 10-30am.Every thing went fine,results fine.Today she got a phone call from RDGH to ask if she had been for her colonoscopy & if yes what was the results as they have lost all Sundays medical records.The Doctor that phoned was the person that did the procedure.What a joke (Not).
    I sued the hospital and won Lol its a bad place and run by idiots .

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    They don't tend to get the top doctors there; location, location, location.

At least your wife had the Operation before the mishap. Hope she Is OK mate.

Quote Originally Posted by thaimillerfan View Post
    At least your wife had the Operation before the mishap. Hope she Is OK mate.
    All’s well, Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Most do provide some form of coverage and how good that coverage is will often be a deciding factor in choosing who you work for (if you are lucky enough to be in a position to do so). At the tough end of the job market (retail stores, restaurant servers) just having an employer who provides 'some' health coverage is often seen as a 'perk'. What my employer provides is probably the main reason I've stayed there 6+ years and it will probably be my last job here.
    Interesting how it works there cam. Thanks. Can see how it could work for the skilled, usually higher paid workers as you say but not sure how the other workers you mention get by. Not sure I'd like us to go in this direction although interested in how other countries do it.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Contrast this to the endoscopy unit at Royal Derby Hospital where I took my wife to earlier. Absolutely top drawer outstanding NHS care by everyone within the unit.
    People are right to criticise/ complain when care is not properly applied but there are some good people about and the staff at Royal Derby were exemplary in their care & making her feel more at ease, which means a great deal to us.

NHS just got scammed for over £1m by a woman who posed as a psychiatrist,
    for over 20 years.
    To think she had the power to detain people against their will.
    She has just got a sentence of 7 years in prison.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast