+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross County v Long Punt to Fletcher FC

Do we really create a lot more chances Harkes playing or not, i don't see it myself, some games maybe others he's never in the game, in my eyes we don't create near enough playing or not... each to there own i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It is a little weird that a lot of folk moan about the pedestrian nature of our attack when compared to the title of this thread. 😂
    The title doesn't mention when or how long it will take to punt it to him tho does it Terry???

I know it’s been schite but if you can, get yer @rses up to Dingwall tomorrow. The Club may not get it, Ogren may not get it, Fat Tone definitely may not get it, but as a support we get it. That is that relegation will be an unmitigated and embarrassing disaster - we really need to start to get behind this mob and try and lift them to performances that we know they can do this season (Killie, SSBs, AZ at home for instance) if they can be bathired. There is still time but only if we get in to gear NOW. Defeat tomorrow is unthinkable.

Nice one, great call. 👍

Most people get it - move the ball around the pitch to pull the opposition out of position and then exploit the openings that have been created.

Unfortunately when the moving the ball around the pitch takes place halfway inside our own half at a snails pace then very little is going to happen. I've seen mums put more zip on the ball to their 5 year old kids at Caird Park. Add to that the movement by some off the ball is at best non existent then nobody is getting pulled anywhere quick. The odd occasion that space does open up, someone can be played in or we can advance a bit and we tend to turn back and start again. It's frustrating as hell to watch and that's when the crowd get on their back.

We then decide to smash it long to Fletch and that's the end of possession. You can pretty much predict how each passage of play is going to go.

The opposition all know how pedestrian we are so they know they don't need to over commit in the press either.

As others have all said it's the intensity that is missing. The apparent reluctance to release someone with pace. Every single warmup is fast paced one touch passing with someone jockeying and we look good at it, game starts and that's forgotten about for the usual pedestrian stuff.

4-1 RC

My head hurts but plenty Arabs up here in Inversneckie last night.😁

FFS C'MON UNITED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    My head hurts but plenty Arabs up here in Inversneckie last night.😁

FFS C'MON UNITED!!!!!
    Is this the Derek Lilley/Alex Smith at St Js moment? C’mon United!

My fear is this ship has sailed as far as our hopes are concerned, if we'd had a decent keeper in all season I think that would have been enough to stay up, but this late, I'm not sure, it seems to be going in one direction, the calamity in goal is distracting from the soft underbelly in front of him, and our lack of goals up top, or imbalanced squad/lack of options up front, dreadful way record, poor in game management from Fox... but, if we could somehow get something today, perhaps if new keeper comes in, and turns out not to be another bombscare, then my only slight glimmer of hope is the team get a bit of a confidence boost, confidence is massive in football.

Malky McKay rightly building this up a like a cup final today, sure they have us then Motherwell, so absolute ***** the fans have the teams back, as their support might be a better bet to get us through games rather than Foxs subs.

The keeper dropped, had to be.

Lets hope the young keeper can get us through one match. I see Middleton on the bench, which is good to see, average as he has been lately, still gives us more options. Wonder if he might have gone with 3 at the back with Aniya, Mulgrew and Edwards, just to protect the keeper and play it safer today. Hopefully young Fotheringham builds on last week.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)