+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agm

Agm

A thread for updates! Planned protest outside the ground for 1030am.

Protests at tanny this morning.

Clearly things are not right behind the scenes. I have sat on the fence and at times stood up for TA but nothing can legislate for the negligence and sheer incompetence of the January window for us, and I’m sorry but this lies at the feet of one man.

The position we are in has been wholly avoidable. The 5 year plan appears to be solely based on profitability and not sustainability. We are hurtling towards the championship and the board with TA at the helm appear to be more concerned about saving and making money. Any other team in our position wld be attempting to move heaven and earth to prevent this but we appear to be non plussed about the whole thing.

Although I don’t like to see such scenes at our club this appears to be the only way the club may sit up and take notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    The 5 year plan appears to be solely based on profitability and not sustainability.
    TBH as angry as i am right now, i don't think that was the 5 year plan.

IMHO covid and horrendous recruitment/changing managers etc ruined the 5 year plan, and Ogren is out way more money than he anticipated. A recession is coming and the value of everything will tank including whatever assets he has in other things like property, businesses etc.

I think the 5-year plan has stopped and it's now a case of him trying to get as much money back short-term as he possibly can.

The bizarre thing is, that you don't need to spend as much as Ogren tried to, even a fraction of it should be more than some of the teams in the league

If there a recession coming in USA? I'd imagine that's where most of his investment is.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    If there a recession coming in USA? I'd imagine that's where most of his investment is.
    my work, which is an American-owned company is gearing up for it. Seeing loads of US head office companies laying off employees in big numbers like Google, Microsoft etc... they are readying themselves for it

I'm not sure that's the reasons why the large IT companies are letting staff go. I think they overestimated the long term need while the COVID pandemic happened and didn't see things returning to normality afterwards to the extent that it has. It left then all with far too much staff and there has been a rectification. Pretty bad they all made the same mistake but that's what it seems to be.

But I don't know much about the economy over there and hopefully that isn't what's going on here.

nae plans of changing manager or SD

cost base needs reducing and he has no plans to put in any additional money

says hes committed to the club and isnt looking at selling, business wise he is happy as seemingly we're in a good place

someone told MO he didnt have a clue and he disagreed

best one for me is this though...we are in a better position than we were 5 years ago, i cant believe the doom and gloom around the club, the success is down to Tony's work and he is my man ( OYF )

Actually, nah, this is the best bit 'it's not the end of the world if we get relegated because we will come straight back up'

ROLL ON THE NORSEMAN IN GREENOCK B@STARDING MORTON

A fine boozer. 😢

Agree with the arab, about the economy, recession etc etc and him trying to recoup or solidify his investments.

Maybe we should get Klaus Schwab as the next chairman, maybe he can manipulate at the top level better than our current mob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)