+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shamima Begum

Swede would be a good compromise as they are a very liberal lot out there.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    Omeg I think she is doing the whole crocodile tears thing

Absolute monster in my eyes, using being from an unfortunate background as her defence
    Plenty of people are few are groomed or feel that behaving like she did is acceptable

https://twitter.com/emilyhewertson/s...12/mediaviewer
    Tend to agree with you. I do not personally believe that she is genuinely remorseful and think that she will shed crocodile tears and try anything to get her citizenship back. I don't have much, if any, sympathy for her but am just saying that I do not think any country should make any of its citizens stateless and should deal with them themselves however heinous the crimes rather than leave it to others to deal with. I'm sure that Syria has more than enough problems to deal with without adding Begum to its list.

Just saying that it could set a dangerous precedent. If someone wants to apply to change their citizenship themselves then that is a different matter but no-one IMHO should be made stateless . I disagree that taking her back would show that the UK is a "soft touch" if she is put on trial and faces the consequences of that. Surely it is more a message that the country takes accountability for the actions of its citizens and deals with them appropriately? Also, if she is really that much of a national security risk, would it not be better to imprison her here so we know exactly where she is rather than let her roam about elsewhere with the opportunities that may present?

Keep her out & never let her back in scum

Its very political. I think she grew up here, was radicalised here...she should be brought back here and tried in court.

Her age should count in her favour - if she is genuinely remorseful and has changed, maybe she could help future misguided young kids avoid what she did.

I wouldn't have revoked her citizenship, it is an issue which happened in Britain - we should take responsibility / punish / rehabilitate her.

She was an intelligent straight A's student 3 months off her 16th birthday and rejected her life in this country for the Islamic State, had they not been driven out of Syria she would still be carrying out their barbarity. She knew what she was doing, she said the Manchester Arena bombing was justifiable and there's a journalist who has interviewed her many times who believes she is not sorry at all.

She's now paraded in Western clothing, presumably advised to do so by the people who represent her - she committed heinous crimes over there, the evidence will be there and she belongs in a Syrian jail for the rest of her days. Our justice system is too weak to mete out the punishment she deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Its very political. I think she grew up here, was radicalised here...she should be brought back here and tried in court.

Her age should count in her favour - if she is genuinely remorseful and has changed, maybe she could help future misguided young kids avoid what she did.

I wouldn't have revoked her citizenship, it is an issue which happened in Britain - we should take responsibility / punish / rehabilitate her.

Bring her back only if under firing squad! One reason Putin is doing what he’s doing is because this country and the west are too soft!

Many people can’t afford to eat here now including nurses so why should this b itch have decent prison food?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Bring her back only if under firing squad! One reason Putin is doing what he’s doing is because this country and the west are too soft!

Many people can’t afford to eat here now including nurses so why should this b itch have decent prison food?
    As I've said many times, your comparisons are wild..

People who can't afford to eat here is nothing to do with this subject. Blame the current Government for that one.

I just think we should take responsibility for our own problems and not dump them on another country. I imagine she would get considerable jail time and if she isn't remorseful or still has the same ideology, she should stay there. If she is genuinely remorseful and sorry, we could use her to prevent other kids going down the same path.

People who can't afford to eat here is nothing to do with this subject. Blame the current Government for that one.

I just think we should take responsibility for our own problems and not dump them on another country. I imagine she would get considerable jail time and if she isn't remorseful or still has the same ideology, she should stay there. If she is genuinely remorseful and sorry, we could use her to prevent other kids going down the same path.

Don’t agree on this one 123. For treason or certain cases of murder the person should be executed as seen in other countries. Take that Met cop who set fire to that poor young girl
    In a fridge after murdering her - I would have gladly pulled the trigger myself! Same with that Polish guy who raped and murdered that Hull university student! He should have been hung!

Eye for an eye. This country is too soft which is one of the reasons Putin gets away with mass murder and execution! Same with ISIS when rounded up - a bomb should have been dropped on them and this put down to friendly fire! Only a deluded person would think this warped mind set will change living the luxury in a Western prison! Better than some folk are living now in fact!
    Last edited by baggieal; 24-02-2023 at 03:25 PM.

I can’t agree with you. She was not forced to go to Syria and join ISIS, she did so of her own free will and planned most of the journey herself.
    I, personally, hope that she is not allowed back and should remain in Syria, the country of her choice. If she is allowed back then she should be imprisoned for a long time for the horrific crimes that she has aided and abetted. Even if she is remorseful, which I doubt, then she should still pay for her crimes in the same manner as a murderer. They could also claim that they are remorseful for what they did but they still have to serve their sentence.

Well, right now she isn’t our problem, she isn’t a UK citizen, she’s made her own bed and should now lie in it. This country is better off without the likes of her, whether in or out of jail, we already have too many potential troublemakers for the security services to keep an eye on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)