+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pam Pearce article

Pam Pearce article

https://twitter.com/spammie57/status...70512204247041

Seems to have upset a lot of people while giving her reasons to why Notts should be promoted...

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post

Seems to have upset a lot of people while giving her reasons to why Notts should be promoted...
    I’d be pretty embarrassed for someone who’d posted that on here tbh, let alone published it in a newspaper.

That is quite the word salad.

Do you win a prize if you can rearrange the paragraphs into a logical order?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I’d be pretty embarrassed for someone who’d posted that on here tbh, let alone published it in a newspaper.
    Have to agree Jacob!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    That is quite the word salad.

Do you win a prize if you can rearrange the paragraphs into a logical order?
    Knowing the red rag, you'd probably win tickets to forest🤷*♂️

Like I obviously want Notts to be represented in the local media, but if this is the type of thing we've got to put up with, I think id rather have nothing at all. But I guess it just shows how poor the NEP is as a journalistic platform nowadays.

Unfortunately people will wrongly tie this article to our football club giving us unnecessary criticism
    A very poor article that reads like a child wrote it for a school assignment

Newspaper columnist writing on a subject she clearly knows nothing about. Surely only a matter of time before she gets a gig at the Daily Mail.

Like I obviously want Notts to be represented in the local media, but if this is the type of thing we've got to put up with, I think id rather have nothing at all. But I guess it just shows how poor the NEP is as a journalistic platform nowadays.
    It is a bit unfortunate.
    Oliver King produces some good articles - much better than Leigh Curtis. But this article lets the Post and the club down.

Yeah well I suppose it works as clickbait, if nothing else. And that seems to be the business model they have chosen to try to avoid the inevitable.

No wonder Wrexham fans are offended by that piece of garbage journalism. I can't say I'm any happier with it as a Notts fan.

"The past is another country, but so is the location of Wrexham. Why are they even interested in playing in an English league? Wrexham is in Wales."

I mean, WTAF is journalism coming to?! Cardiff, Swansea and Newport County are also in Wales, but they've historically played in the Football League/Premier League (not the 'English' league) and have long been regarded as an important part of it.

"There is no doubting that the winner has to be Notts".

Well, obviously I want the winner to be Notts, but I think most Magpies fans recognise we are in a close race with a very powerful opponent and we are probably second favourites based on resources, but we're doing incredibly well to give them a run for their money.

The only value of this article would probably be to Wrexham, as a motivational tool to stick on the wall of their dressing room. It certainly doesn't speak for me or my view of Wrexham FC. Like us, they've struggled for many years and are now having their moment in the sunshine like we are. It's unfortunate we can't both win automatic promotion, but notwithstanding the usual football fan banter around 'Hollywood' owners, I don't begrudge them their good fortune and their chance to dream. Ideally I would have liked them to go up last season, because we would be dead certs for promotion this season by now, but if we both end up being promoted then I'll be fine with that. It would be the fairest outcome.
    Last edited by jackal2; 23-02-2023 at 03:01 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast