+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wrexham fan's podcast on us

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    I know they've not won in 7 but I can imagine the xg suggests Chesterfield should have won the majority of those, they haven't actually played badly, just failed to take their chances, and hopefully they'll finally click on Tuesday. I certainly wouldn't want to come up against them in the playoffs, if it did come to that.
    Very true regarding not playing badly.
    I think had they had a focused Tchimanga up front, they would be a lot closer to us.
    I guess we are all Dorking fans tomorrow and Spirites on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    Very true regarding not playing badly.
    I think had they had a focused Tchimanga up front, they would be a lot closer to us.
    I guess we are all Dorking fans tomorrow and Spirites on Tuesday.
    I never want the Spireites to win, but will take a draw!
    They're due a change of luck and it may just come on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Southwell_Magpie View Post
    They're due a change of luck and it may just come on Tuesday.
    Normally the case. However, I’d be delighted if they somehow beat Wrexham, our only genuine rival this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Southwell_Magpie View Post
    Never say never! I usually feel the same, but will be 100% behind the Spirites on Tuesday.

How can you not want Chesterfield to win on Tuesday.

A Chesterfield win would be good but I'd take a draw just to shut the Wrexham fans up with their "We have 2 games in hand so in our own hands" everytime anyone mentions Notts being top.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    A Chesterfield win would be good but I'd take a draw just to shut the Wrexham fans up with their "We have 2 games in hand so in our own hands" everytime anyone mentions Notts being top.
    Strange viewpoint in my opinion. The extra point Wrexham gain might be the difference between us going up and staying down. That outweighs "shutting the Wrexham fans up" by a million miles for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Strange viewpoint in my opinion. The extra point Wrexham gain might be the difference between us going up and staying down. That outweighs "shutting the Wrexham fans up" by a million miles for me.
    Maybe but a draw will put the title in our hands not theirs for the first time in ages which is the point I'm making
    Last edited by SwalePie; 24-02-2023 at 08:32 PM.

I'd be extremely happy with a 1-0 Cheaterfurlough win with a 98th minute Mullin own goal winner.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Maybe but a draw will put the title in our hands not theirs for the first time in ages which is the point I'm making
    What? The title has been in both our hands for a while, if either team wins every game they go up.

The only thing any Notts fan should want on Tuesday is a Chesterfield win.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast