+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Dagenham & Redbridge FC 25.02.23 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Fair enough, we all see things differently so we'll have to agree to disagree. On to the next test and hopefully Wrexham can mess up soon too!
    Agree totally, but it shows the small margins and one mistake could cost you the league this season. I think the difference this season is that there is no one team running away with it where tonight’s result you would just brush it off, and onto the next game. This year there’s two teams neck and neck and the one mistake could be the difference!

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I think we missed Scott. Too many creators, not enough finishers.
    Certainly true in the first half. Palmer, Bostock and O'Brien all on the pitch at the same time is too many of the same type, even though they're all good players.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Having the game under control at 1-0, giving the ball away sloppily and then defending passively against the resulting counter attack cost us. Whether it's Gods, fate or whatever, sport has a strange habit of kicking you in the teeth if you have the initiative and then give it away. The second Dagenham goal was just a result of the chaos ensuing by that point. The equaliser was the killer.
    Both Dagger's goals came about as a result of our sloppy passing. What a frustrating, (and cold), match that was to watch. We certainly weren't at our clinical best in front of goal, actually, we certainly weren't at our best full stop. Mehhh, chit happens, it is now, (technically), Rectum's title to lose. Though I imagine, there will be many a twist and turn before season's end.

S****horpe United.

Sorry, I just wanted to see what the website was going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Having the game under control at 1-0, giving the ball away sloppily and then defending passively against the resulting counter attack cost us. Whether it's Gods, fate or whatever, sport has a strange habit of kicking you in the teeth if you have the initiative and then give it away. The second Dagenham goal was just a result of the chaos ensuing by that point. The equaliser was the killer.
    Absolutely spot on...

Wrexham will go top on Tuesday and they'll not be knocked of that the remainder of the season. We need to sort out a few things for the play offs or we'll be NL club still next season. That doesn't bare thinking about!!

Looks like playoffs for us after that one.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Gutted to hear about this. I'm abroad so my Dad was updating me. Sounds like we played well but 'was robbed ' by the ref.
    What's the general consensus?
    We had enough chances to win 3 games. Through poor finishing, great blocks and goal line clearances we didn’t score them.
    Should we have have had a penalty? Absolutely. That’s not me or any Notts fans opinion. That is BT Sports opinion and was unanimous.
    We have a week to lick our wounds and we need to be ready to go again next week as neither team will win every game, but losing today has firmly put Wrexham in pole position and I fully expect them to go top in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Agree totally, although it’s far to easy for some to blame the referee, there’s nothing to say we would have scored it, it’s fine lines and you have to take your chances.
    It's a huge decision, and he got it wrong. Sure, we might not have scored it, but chances are we would have. Then, chances are we go on to win three points. What might that mean at the end of the season? I wouldn't mind so much if it was debatable, but it wasn't.

We should be able to beat Dagenham without a penalty, but that doesn't detract from what was a truly awful decision at a pivotal point in the match and season.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts_Pie View Post
    Looks like playoffs for us after that one.
    I always thought that would be the case. And if it is, I just hope we get a decent referee. I don't need him to award us dodgy penalties or anything, just make the right calls for both teams. That would be lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Gutted to hear about this. I'm abroad so my Dad was updating me. Sounds like we played well but 'was robbed ' by the ref.
    What's the general consensus?
    I wouldn't say we played well, certainly not to the extent we did against Southend, but we were okay 6.5/10 at most.

We certainly created enough to win comfortably with multiple efforts off the line and hitting the woodwork twice, but our general passing and tempo was below part, with the poor passing and mistakes in possession directly leading to their goals.

I'm not sure why dagenham deserve any credit whatsoever really, they were dreadful going forward and scored with their only two shots on target which once again we put on a plate for them. Their defensive display was entirely luck, on every other day we scored 5 or 6. And that's not even mentioning their goalkeepers antics. A disgrace of a team with no class at all.

The ref was evenmore of a disgrace however. Multiple blatant fouls on notts players went unpunished and that's not even mentioning the two blatant penalties he completely ignored. And then to send Baldwin off for pointing out said blatant mistakes, it just takes the piss, especially considering wrexham got two penalties on Tuesday for absolutely nothing at all.

Just a terrible day at the office really.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast