+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any videos of the penalty shouts.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    There will be refs going to bigger stadiums with bigger crowds, over-correcting not to be homers.

I've thought for a while that we get some refs who are so determined not to swayed by the 'big club, big crowd' perception that they give us very few of the 50/50 decisions.

It has to be blatant to be awarded to us, and we didn't even get one of the the most blatant ones you'll ever see yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I've thought for a while that we get some refs who are so determined not to swayed by the 'big club, big crowd' perception that they give us very few of the 50/50 decisions.

It has to be blatant to be awarded to us, and we didn't even get one of the the most blatant ones you'll ever see yesterday.
    I see what you're saying & have thought along the same lines myself but of what I've seen why doesn't seem to effect Wrexham who get more than their share of decisions?

I just watched back the video of the penalty that was given against us vs Oldham.

Incredible that one was given and the one last night wasn’t. I’ve no words really. Not going to go as far as saying the officials are corrupt but the level of inconsistency and basic incompetence is tough to take, especially when all these decisions are going against us.

Thats 6 points basically lost over two dodgy decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I just watched back the video of the penalty that was given against us vs Oldham.

Incredible that one was given and the one last night wasn’t. I’ve no words really. Not going to go as far as saying the officials are corrupt but the level of inconsistency and basic incompetence is tough to take, especially when all these decisions are going against us.

Thats 6 points basically lost over two dodgy decisions.
    It's natural that people focus on the key decisions, but that's just part of a wider story. The standard of officiating this season, across many games, has been the worst I've ever seen in almost 40 years of watching football. Referees aren't machines or clones and some will always be better than others, but as paying customers we're entitled to expect a minimum standard at the professional level, and it needs to be far higher than we've seen this season. We're reaching a point where it's becoming the norm to expect poor quality refereeing, to the point where the occasional good one really stands out, like Gareth Rhodes against Southend in the previous home game.

AC glad you are so cock sure

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Totally agree. I can’t think of a honest explanation as to why he hasn’t given that. Incompetence doesn’t cut it.
    True, and while talk of Wrexham being involved is plain silly, the ref having a big bet on Wrexham to win the league is actually more plausible than him honestly seeing that as a fair and lawful challenge. And to add insult to injury, D&R should also have been down to 10 men:

The double-jeopardy law states: "Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off."

Am i right in thinking that if we do end up in the play off final, VAR will be used with it being at Wembley?

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Many thanks Grantham. I think the referee was unsighted for that - due to his glaucoma.
    That is fecking shocking for a ref not to give. Their player wasn't even looking at the ball, just watching Langstaffs movement

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    True, and while talk of Wrexham being involved is plain silly, the ref having a big bet on Wrexham to win the league is actually more plausible than him honestly seeing that as a fair and lawful challenge. And to add insult to injury, D&R should also have been down to 10 men:

The double-jeopardy law states: "Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off."
    To be fair you’ve maybe got to the heart of the matter there, with the ref possibly not wanting to send the bloke off as well as giving the penalty, especially with it being on telly.

Gotta say, nearly 24 hours on and I’ve rarely felt as gutted as I do about this game. It reminds me of the Phil Stant disallowed goal against Bristol bleddy Rovers all those years ago.

I believe this is the same ref who gave us 2 penalties away at Solihull

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast